The Oracles of Change

Not sure on adding mutations to them, I'm trying to keep any mutations to a minimum to show the rubric with only the prince, general and 'chosen' sergeant having any - but I have added a brazier to the top of one of them from the corpse cart, slightly smaller and taller but it works somewhat.

Cheers TechType! Never thought about the 'change' aspect of the conversion but it fits well! I regret not changing his face to be a bit more prosperine but ah well.

Some WIP update for you today, been burning through my Rubricae for the last two days and finished up the glazing on the blue and the gold with its shades. Still need all their highlights but I'll be moving on to the details now to try and get them done to tabletop for the event!

5yoF655.jpg

And then I have my first ever attempt to airbrush something, started off with some pre-shades on the rhino:

xIOPgtX.jpg

WIt7mjc.jpg

Before I sprayed it with caledor sky.

f4Msi3T.jpg

It's far from perfect, and I made a ton of mistakes while doing it, but as a learning experience it was great and shouldn't be too out of place in the army.

Thank you all again for the kind comments and for making the time to do so, hopefully I'll have some finished models to show at some point!

Ahrimanjjb

Cheers @viridia, great chatting with you as well. Now get back to those Iron Warriors!

Another small update for now - although with only 8 days left until the event I need to have some big updates soon for it all to be ready in time!

Some more airbrushing on the vehicles. The blend doesn't show as well on camera as it does in person but you can see my progress already, I've messed around with the PSI on the compressor to get it to a better level and its given me sooooo much control.

5c1gJKn.jpg

3yK0dE5.jpg

5c1gJKn.jpg

As you can see I've also started to do the detailing as well, but I really think I need to do the highlights before the weekend or they'll just look flat.

After that I was able to get the blue and the gold on my Scarab Occult Terminators to tabletop standard. Just like the tanks though they'll look a bit naff without any highlights.

SPPdFJo.jpg

And finally, just for you @Gederas, here's some shots of the back of my Apothecary - shows off just how much work I have to do on him in the next few days!

hyCG8X1.jpg

WtPXdFh.jpg

And that's all for today, thank you al again for your kind words and until next time,

Ahrimanjjb

OH MAN! I just started stamping my feet at the sight of the mutating Exalted Sorcerer from your first post before going wild at the sight at everything else!

This is a fantastic army you have created here and I am beyond excited to see more work!

You guys are all too kind! Glad you like them all, especially the Cabal. They're very much where the army live and dies so good to see they're being received well!

Some bigger updates for you today, with only a handful of days left to get the army finished I've been working on my Daemon Prince and Helbrute:

2K4BwqX.jpg

aHFIB3D.jpg

ygenXdP.jpg

Until next time!

Ahriman

Yeah. That daemon prince is fantastic with paint on it. I really want one of my own now because its a great looking center piece. I also like how the eldar terrain bit looks like it is being corrupted...and it looks like it is coming from him. Looking down at the robes where it makes contact to the base it looks like it is spreading out onto that "s" bit and behind him too.

The dread is also one heck of a looker. I love the left hand weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Tenebris campaign weekend has been and gone!

It was an amazing weekend with a big group of hobbyist mates and some amazing games. Warhammer World remains an incredible venue and the Events team work very well to herd all the cats that attend. I would have liked a bit more of a focus on story, but overall it was ace.

I managed to get the the event on the Friday 5 hours before it started, and went about rushing my army to make it vaguely tabletop ready! 

This means that I was unable to get the force 100% finished which was a shame, there's still no highlights on the vast majority of them and quite a few details have not even been started yet. But I'm very happy with how they looked on the table as a collection. 

The plan is to attend the next event in September with them as well (whereas I usually take a different army to every event) and to finish them up in time for that - so expect more updates, at a slower rate, over the next few months!

Onto the pictures!! Here's the force arrayed out before game 1:

8eNihsG.jpg

Nf5YgpI.jpg

jCwWMxq.jpg

H0sj1zf.jpg

And then a handful from some of the games:

68wc30s.jpg

LSIQ9S7.jpg

ZeEfVoj.jpg

Z2BXHup.jpg

fbHAxP3.jpg

mpTvCXo.jpg

And there we are! Some up close, photobooth pictures will be incoming at somepoint on things like the dreadnought but the rest I'll probably wait until I've done a bit more work on them.

I hope you like them, C&C welcome as always,

Until next time!

Ahrimanjjb

Archived