Detachment Dedicated Transports

A bit of an odd one, but I'm considering Ad Mech, and since they build everyone else's vehicles, I was wondering...

If I take a second detachment (i.e. of "Space Marines" as Skitarii Titanicus, or "Astra Militarum" in their tanks), can I take a DT per non-infantry choice for my regular Skitarii &c? For example, could a Spearhead detachment of 4 Leman Russes qualify me for 4 "Skitarii" Chimeras? The Battle-Forged summaries just say "one per other choice".

Thanks!

You could indeed. The thing is, that most vehicles specifically state what they can transport. Chimeras can only transport models with the keyword 'Astra Militarum Infantry', so your Skitarii couldn't use them anyway. One of the few exceptions are Inquisitors and their henchmen with a specific rule. 

• 2 weeks later...

The new Beta rule regarding unit mixing, provided that it passes into Live rules, will also prevent this--but for a different reason.

You can, however, take a transport for each non transport in your army, even if that transport couldn't carry the non transport unit.

The new Beta rule regarding unit mixing, provided that it passes into Live rules, will also prevent this--but for a different reason.

You can, however, take a transport for each non transport in your army, even if that transport couldn't carry the non transport unit.

You can no longer mix within detachments with units with keyword 'Imperium', but considering he wanted two different detachments, this would be fine. The Chimeras would be 'Dedicated Transports' for the Leman Russes in the Astra Militarum detachment (even though they can't ride them), where the Skitarii would be in the Adeptus Mechanicus detachment. The new beta rule is not limiting this in any way.

Archived