Can't decide between a Corvus or a Land Raider

With the upcoming release of the Deathwatch Codex coaxing me back into playing the Boys in Black, I figured I'd take this opportunity to expand my collection with something to allow my killmarines to actually get from point A to B without getting shredded along the way. 

My current collection includes

Jump Captain

Captain "Artemis" (i.e. chopped and headswapped but still the same model)

5-man Frag and Shotgun squad 

5-man Stalker and Heavy Weapon Squad (modeled with Heavy Bolters, but my usual opponents don't mind proxying wargear so long as it is clear so they are often used as Missiles)

5-man Combi-Melta (x2) and Boltgun squad

5-man Combi-Plas (x2) and Boltgun squad

An as-yet unassembled Kill team (recommendations welcome, I was thinking another frag squad but with boltguns instead of shotguns on the other dudes)

5 termies (1 Cyclone, 1 AC)

9 Vanguard (1 jump pack was cannibalised for the Jump Captain)

5 bikers

Lascannon Razorback

Rhino

Drop pod

LasDread/VenerableDread x 2

I'm currently tossing up between a Land Raider (not sure which pattern yet, but Redeemer is unlikely unless I'm really wrong about it) and a Corvus. Now I do eventually want to get a Corvus, because they're cool models. However I feel like it might be one of those models that you need to take two of to get any use out of, and I'm not sure I want to spend that much money at this point in time. 

I'm going to get a Watch Master when I order my codex, as well as a Chaplain (mainly because I think the Interrogator Chaplain model is amazing). I may also be getting another Killteam (so that I will have 10 unassembled marines total) which I may try to make a close-combat squad out of and feedback on these is welcome too, especially if you've had success with a particular squad loadout combined with one of the transport options.

I haven't a tonne of experience with Deathwatch as yet, so I'm hoping some of the veterans here don't mind helping me out!

PS. If it helps, my main opponents are Guard, Eldar of all flavours but Ynnari, and Tzeentch Daemons / 1k Sons (usually without Magnus unless we've agreed to go as hard as possible). The Guard player is particularly competitive. I myself have Ad Mech and Knights to draw on, if required, but I would prefer not to soup. 

The corvus absolutely, but if you rush it alone in the first turn, you’ll get all the enemy fire there.

For the corvus to survive it needs to be one of the threats, not the only one

I guess it depends on what you plan in putting in your Land Raider/Corvus. If your putting in a mixed kill team with bikes, etc then yeah a Corvus for sure. If your putting in something else then you may want to think about Land Raider. I play with both often and I find the Land Raider is tougher, and a better shooter than the Corvus, but at the cost of speed. Haven't played with one yet but you may want to look at the Repulsar as well to carry our new Primaris Brothers.

Archived