So, anyone is planning to enter ETL?

Irbis

I've never done the whole ETL thing, and the rules seem a bit convoluted... but I do have several units built and ready to paint, so I'll look into it.

So we make an oath, paint it, and then post a finished photo before a deadline?

Already entered but looks like my vow may lose 5 pts according to the leaked info. 

Mjrwaud- pretty much make oath, show before pics (up to and including base color), paint, report weekly, and finished photo by deadline.  And if you choose make a second vow after completing the first one. 

I will be - I just need to figure out what I'm actually building when I have the codex in-hand/one of the online army builders is updated with the leaked points.

I've never done the whole ETL thing, and the rules seem a bit convoluted... but I do have several units built and ready to paint, so I'll look into it.

1. You choose the game-legal units you want to paint and work out the points value

2. You make the official vow in the Deathwatch Outpost along with the “before” pics

3. You have until Aug 1 to complete them. When you do we need a post saying so along with the “after” pic

4. If you finish earlier, you can vow again. You can do that 5 times in total, including the first.

That’s the quickest way to present the ETL concept. There is more to it and I suggest you go through the rules so you can get the most out of it. In any case you can PM me if you have specific question.

Already entered but looks like my vow may lose 5 pts according to the leaked info.

Mjrwaud- pretty much make oath, show before pics (up to and including base color), paint, report weekly, and finished photo by deadline. And if you choose make a second vow after completing the first one.

Your vow will remain unchanged no matter what the new Codex says. If it was correct at the time of submitting it, then no change will take place. However, any new vow must be priced by the Codex once it is officially released. That is next Saturday. :)

1. You choose the game-legal units you want to paint and work out the points value

2. You make the official vow in the Deathwatch Outpost along with the “before” pics

3. You have until Aug 15 to complete them. When you do we need a post saying so along with the “after” pic

4. If you finish earlier, you can vow again. You can do that 5 times in total, including the first.

That’s the quickest way to present the ETL concept. There is more to it and I suggest you go through the rules so you can get the most out of it. In any case you can PM me if you have specific question.

Mjrwaud- pretty much make oath, show before pics (up to and including base color), paint, report weekly, and finished photo by deadline. And if you choose make a second vow after completing the first one.

Your vow will remain unchanged no matter what the new Codex says. If it was correct at the time of submitting it, then no change will take place. However, any new vow must be priced by the Codex once it is officially released. That is next Saturday. :)
I think you mean August 1 for the end date Captain Semper!

Personally, I'm just waiting for the new 'dex to arrive before I make a first very simple pledge:

- Primaris captain (fist & pistol), 2x 5 intercessors

I need to start slow as I might have a move on the horizon, so don't want to commit to too much in case I end up having to pack and move most of my stuff to storage for a while...

3. You have until Aug 15 to complete them. When you do we need a post saying so along with the “after” pic

I think you mean August 1 for the end date Captain Semper!

Thx Danny, my bad...

Now that I'm doing a full Primaris DW army too, I'm actually thinking of throwing in here. I do want to get through it *fairly* quickly, but I still have stuff from my original army to take care of too.

I've got a few more pieces to put together and then I will have a pledge all ready.

Archived