Jolemai

On 5/8/2018 at 12:16 PM, Jolemai said:

bl.php?text=Blood%20Angels%20Unit%20of%20the%20Week%20Series&fontsize=25&bg=CE0018

Welcome to part two of the Blood Angels Unit of the Week Series!

Following the release of the 9th edition Supplement, there is no better time to discuss all the units we have access to. Each week a different unit will appear, with the idea being that we discuss how best to use that model on the battlefield. Where part one will focus on the unique BA units and part two will focus on BA units that are new to this edition of the Codex, part three will discuss how to get the best use the generic units from the past that are still with us (and that many of us have in our armies still), and part four will discuss the Legends units that we still own and love. Forge World and Forge World Legends comprise parts five and six.

Note, this isn't to lament any nerfs, etc, from previous editions; the rules are as they are so try to unlock its potential for those who wish to use them all the same. Similarly, this thread is only for using the option being discussed; it matters not if you feel something is a better choice as such comments aren't constructive to the topic and shall be removed.

Without further ado, here's this week's entry:

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Aggressor Squad
sml_gallery_62972_11847_65684.jpg
Aggressor Squad, Majkhel

What are you thoughts here folks? How best would you use an Aggressor Squad?

• To compliment a list, or to build a list around? Will the Chapter Approved and Balance Dataslate changes affect your list(s)?
  • Will you be running multiples? MSU or full squads? Do you make use of the Combat Squads special rule?
  • Footslog, or transport? Suitable Strategic Reserves choice?
  • What weapon choices do you prefer and how much does it depend on the above choices?
  • How are you buffing this unit? If so, how?
  • Stratagems of note?

Over to you

Updated for Arks of Omen.

Aggressors have come out of the blocks early this CA, with some Marines Factions finding them fun to arrive from Strategic Reserves, other for stalking the centre of the board. Any thoughts folks?

Be. Aggressive, be, be aggressive.

glad my bois got some love. They’re the unit that sold me on primaris, and they’ve been the best performing unit I’ve had since coming back into the game at the end of 8th.

now there’s effectively an aggressor captain, I’ve made a nice solid little Death Star unit with them.

my last game w/ BA I walked them down the middle and a venerable dread out in the open which split fire between 2 durable units, meaning neither received any appreciable damage.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

90 points for a 3-man unit to put in Reserves is pretty nice. I would probably opt for Bolter/Fragstorm as it makes it more likely they will have something in range to shoot when they come on. If your opponent is careless then out +1" Charge means you might even pull off a sneaky charge from Reserves if you are lucky.

If going for a big blob in the centre, I would go all-out with a Sanguinary Priest and Chaplain. Chaplain can grant those swingy fists full rerolls with Litany of Hate. The Priest can heal and revive those expensive models and also boost the unit into the Assault Doctrine to get even more attacks. If going for this approach then I agree reinforcing with something like a Dread would be a nice idea (the forthcoming Brutalis looks particularly tasty).

I guess it's a new factor to consider in unit of the week, I think the aggressors have massive utility in a boarding patrol, being able to do decent damage at short range in multiple directions as each Aggressor can put hurt onto a boarding squad and many units are going to not want to try and melee them off an objective.