Got my codex today AMA

veelo

The shotgun is unchanged aside from a 2 point reduction.  Also, not sure if your primaris comment was because you liked the deathwatch primaris, or because of the shotguns, it was a strange segway, so just in case, the shotgun is normal vets.  The shotgun is specifically good vs T3 armies with 4+ or worse saves, and/or as a cheapish (by deathwatch standards) flexible squad vs assault heavy hordes, think a poor mans frag cannon squad.

On topic, whats the cost of bolt rifles and stalker bolt rifles (intercessor ones, not the vets stalker bolt gun)?

Totally understand your confusion. Yeah I was just surprised I didn't remember the DW shotguns being 16" but I still prefer the Primaris Deathwatch.

Any notable stratagems that were not in the previews?

I believe we know about:

change mission tactics

that shot that does d3 (?) MW

the + 1 to wound

the anti eldar, tau, tyranid, and ork ones

you have also shown the deep strike one

presumably there is a 1/3 relic one as well

The only WL you will take is the CP regen one, there is one to boost a warlords weapon damage by 1 - this ties in with the banebolts relic

is it allowed to post photos of the pages of stratagems?

The only WL you will take is the CP regen one, there is one to boost a warlords weapon damage by 1 - this ties in with the banebolts relic

is it allowed to post photos of the pages of stratagems?

We would prefer you didn't, at least not directly to the site.  Avoids some of the key trademark entanglements.

I suppose the big question is: what is missing?

It seems legitimate to think DW could use any Marine equipment, perhaps with the exception of certain chapter specific things (and even then...), like the Dark Angels relic land speeders, or the Space Wolf dropships.

But the normal Marine stuff.

No

- Thunderfire Cannons

- Techmarines

- Apothecaries(?)

- Attack Bikes

Etc?

I suppose the big question is: what is missing?

It seems legitimate to think DW could use any Marine equipment, perhaps with the exception of certain chapter specific things (and even then...), like the Dark Angels relic land speeders, or the Space Wolf dropships.

But the normal Marine stuff.

No

- Thunderfire Cannons

- Techmarines

- Apothecaries(?)

- Attack Bikes

Etc?

According to the Table of Contents pics from BoLS - you're right about all the above with one caveat - there are Primaris Apothecaries available. Also none of the standard SM flyers, which is a bummer.

Don't know if this has been answered but can you mix primaris weapons in a squad? 3 bolt rifles 2 stalker, same with hellblasters?

Screenshots from a few of the videos on the Intercessors squad uses wording similar to: "Any Intercessor or Intercessor Sgt may replace their bolt rifle with auto or stalker"

Which is different than the "all models" wording from C:SM. Same with Hellblasters and Inceptors added to Intercessor squads.

Vets are down a point from the Index then? Or is it that storm bolters are cheaper now? Index Vets are 21 with SBs which is why I ask. :)

Vets lost 3 points down to 16 - Stormbolters gained 2 points up to 4 (double SIA tax for double the barrels or some such nonsense).

Vets are down a point from the Index then? Or is it that storm bolters are cheaper now? Index Vets are 21 with SBs which is why I ask. :smile.:

Vets lost 3 points down to 16 - Stormbolters gained 2 points up to 4 (double SIA tax for double the barrels or some such nonsense).

Wow that's rough.  There's a lot of excitement going around right now about how strong SB/SIA combo is, but it sounds like paying 20 ppm will mean we'll have to be extra careful in wielding this glass cannon . . .

Vets are down a point from the Index then? Or is it that storm bolters are cheaper now? Index Vets are 21 with SBs which is why I ask. :smile.:

Wow that's rough. There's a lot of excitement going around right now about how strong SB/SIA combo is, but it sounds like paying 20 ppm will mean we'll have to be extra careful in wielding this glass cannon . . .

Indeed. Deep strike, transports, and storm shields are probably necessary for protection. Primaris are durable enough to hold the field until the glasscannons drop, though.

Holy crap, wow!  Thanks for the info.

Now I'm wondering if Stormbolters are really necessary since the baseline Vets are so affordable... 3 fewer points per model is a huge deal.

Archived