What’s our most point efficient units?

Hantheman

I'm sorry, but the whole damage-per-point deal becomes moot quite quickly as everything must be viewed at in context. March10k uses devs because they fit his playstyle and/or meta better than hellblasters. I use devastators because they are good, I know hellblasters are better, but I don't run primaris. Yes, you can do DPP calculations, and it might seem good, but they never really account for other aspects than what throughput you get. Range, survivability, mobility and other abilities are forgotten in the process, and with good reason, as they cannot really be factored in reliably.

When you try to find the most points effective unit, you have too try different units over several games to give you an idea of how a unit performs. You might find Black knights to be very effective for you, even though they are not considered so widely by DA players. It all depends on playstyle and meta.

Personally I think dark talons, devastators with plasma cannons, scout bikers and Ezekiel are some of the more effective units for their points. The latter because he is so many times better than a regular librarian for not a lot more points. An extra psychic power to choose and 1 more he can deny. And he is tougher, and better equipped. Azrael makes the day of hellblasters and devastators along with ancient and lieutenant. But by himself he doesn't do that much. It's what he can make other selections do that makes us use him.

On the contrary I don't field a lot of dreadnoughts these days, as they just don't stack up as well as they should. They're not bad, but they don't quite do what they should either. I love dreads, they are so cool, and I have tried numerous 8th edition games with them, but they are for the time being resigned to the shelves.

In what will be proof of your comment sneaky, I find Dreadnoughts quite useful.  My opponents often ignore them and let them get within charge range of medium vehicles, which they can still rip to shreds.  Dunecrawlers fall apart nicely :smile.:

If I field dreadnoughts, my opponents just kill them. Perhaps it's because in my fully painted selection the rest is just of such poor threat-level that my opponents don't have anything half decent to shoot at? ;)

Imo where points efficiency is most important is in very directly comparable units.

For example its difficult to directly compare preds vs devastators vs plasma inceptors. Toughness, deepstrike, and range are very different between those options.

However, different terminator options work much better for this comparison. If youre taking a unit of terminators to shoot chaff, it's pretty easy to see where the best option is

Archived