Using Eisenhorn

Just picked up the new Eisenhorn model. Any tips/tricks on how to use him?

Been thinking it's good to keep Eisenhorn on the field first turn, summon in Cherubael, then have Eisenhorn embark in a transport and move up the field. Cherubael advancing behind.

Turn 2 Eisenhorn can bail out of is transport, throw out some powers and have Cherubael nearby.

My understanding was that Eisenhorn must be on the field to summon in Cherubael, i.e. Eisenhorn can't summon Cherubael while embarked in a transport, and it has to be done at the very beginning of the turn.

You’re correct on your reading of the rules, just remember, having Eisenhorn in a transport for the first turn means he won’t be able to cast or deny any powers.

You’ve got to decide if the extra movement range is worth giving that up.

Possibly, it’s hard to say, there’s units you’ll come across who will kill Cherubael without breaking a sweat. A mob of Orks for example will wipe him out easily. Basically anything CC oriented will likely kill him quite quickly, same for any units that put out a high volume of fire as they’ll inevitably force failures on his invulnerable save. Against other units in cc though he’ll do really well, Guard, tau, even standard marines.

Even so though, unless you can position him really well and dictate his engagements, I wouldn’t bank on him surviving for more than a couple of turns if your opponent considers him a serious threat :)

I've just been running him in a Rhino full of 9 Acolytes (all equipped with Stormbolters). Then when he and the rest of the squad pop out they lay a ton of fire on my target, and I don't summon Churubeal until the following turn at the earliest. The way I see it as soon as Cherubael is out all of your Acolyte body guards are way more likely to run away once they take any casualties. So I hold off for as long as possible until summoning him. Chances are your opponent can't put 9 wounds (Acolytes) and 5 wounds (Eiesenhorn) in one turn before Cherubael is summoned. 

I've just been running him in a Rhino full of 9 Acolytes (all equipped with Stormbolters). Then when he and the rest of the squad pop out they lay a ton of fire on my target, and I don't summon Churubeal until the following turn at the earliest. The way I see it as soon as Cherubael is out all of your Acolyte body guards are way more likely to run away once they take any casualties. So I hold off for as long as possible until summoning him. Chances are your opponent can't put 9 wounds (Acolytes) and 5 wounds (Eiesenhorn) in one turn before Cherubael is summoned.

Acolytes have a max squad of six so probably won't run as you'd have to run a six and a three for that to work.

Acolytes have a max squad of six so probably won't run as you'd have to run a six and a three for that to work.

Yep I do a 5 man and a 4 man squad. That way it forces your opponent to split shooting into two squads. Either way both squads will pick up the absorbing the shots for Eisenhorn.

What are some good models to use for a daemonhost ?

I emailed Artel W and they sold me their Cherubael model that they took down off their website a while back. It is a 100% dead ringer.

What are some good models to use for a daemonhost ?

I emailed Artel W and they sold me their Cherubael model that they took down off their website a while back. It is a 100% dead ringer.

I did the same thing!

They sent me an email stating they are currently designing a new one .

That's cool. I may have to pick that one up too. I've bought several of their models. VERY nice quality if a bit pricey. They sold me the Ciaphas Cain model after they took it down as well. It may be my favorite mini I've bought.

Used Eisenhorn in a game last night. Summoned in Cherubael turn 1, then had Eisenhorn hop in a transport. Cherubael was pretty useless.

Should have just started Eisenhorn in the transport, popped him out and summoned in Cherubael closer to the action the following turn.

Archived