NOOB Questions

Delta.Skies

Getting ready to play my first 8th ed game soon, and just out of curiosity that I have to ask before going in.

If you have an allied army. With me (the case of DW / AM / and INQ) could you use stratagems from both armies or is it based off who you declare your warlord to be? Do Doctrines apply as well 

Based on your warlord, can each HQ receive a relic or is it just your warlord.

Acts of Faith:

- you roll and then act accordingly in the movement phase (move, shoot, fight) do you fight again when that phase comes up in your turn or because you used it in your movement phase then its done when it comes to that phase again?

Thanks for taking the time out to read. Just have to make sure before I go in.

If you have a detachment for a specific army, you can use the stratagems for them. Do note what they apply to. Most of them cannot cross factions. Since getting an additional relic is a stratagem as well, you can use it by spending an additional CP. Also note that CHARACTERS can use relics, not just HQ choices. This broadens your options. Some can only be used by specific characters even, such as banner  bearers. 

As for acts of faith, I'll leave that to someone else :)

Getting ready to play my first 8th ed game soon, and just out of curiosity that I have to ask before going in.

If you have an allied army. With me (the case of DW / AM / and INQ) could you use stratagems from both armies or is it based off who you declare your warlord to be?

Stratagem availability tends to be keyed to having qualified detachments. Your codices will define what constitutes a qualifying detachment. Generally this is linked to the keyword you used to forge the detachment.

Do Doctrines apply as well

Again, Doctrines, and similar rules, manifest at the Detachment level. So, if you had three detachments, one each of AM, DW, and Inq, then the AM detachment would get an AM doctrine and make AM strats available. The DW and Inq detachments would likewise interact with any similar rules that might exist for DW and Inq detachments.

Based on your warlord, can each HQ receive a relic or is it just your warlord.

You get one free relic. The relic doesn't even have to be borne by the warlord, but can be another qualifying model in your army. The listing from which you can draw this relic will be governed by the model that is selected as warlord.

Acts of Faith:

- you roll and then act accordingly in the movement phase (move, shoot, fight) do you fight again when that phase comes up in your turn or because you used it in your movement phase then its done when it comes to that phase again?

You would act again when your unit's ordinary opportunity to act came up.

Thanks for taking the time out to read. Just have to make sure before I go in.

Archived