Sisters speculation topic

Aqui

Hmmm yes, I also miss that rule and agree it should be re-instituted. (Not that it would make a terrible lot of difference - it’s easy enough to charge an adjacent unit and then just pile in, anyway.)

Exorcist wise I was thinking D6 Min 3 for  weapon shots , i would like to see it at 2 damage  possibly even 3 . I think only having one weapon is normal for some main battle tanks , take Ad mech Onagers ... which can only take 1 weapon system for example

I also anyone else think its madness that it doesn't ignore line of sight,  MRLS aren't exactly direct fire weapons , and manticore dont care.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPIuzGSMAkg

It comes down to what is the exorcists role?  is it an artillery piece (eg a basilisk ), a battle tank (lerman russ or a pred) or is it an Icon that has a shooting attack?

DoW it was more artillery piece

previous editions its was a 'light' battle tank

fluff wise is its an icon with a shooting attack

To me the Exorcist fills the role of Tank Destroyer. Mostly stationary, long range fire that can take out heavy targets, but does not do well against infantry or in a battle of maneuver.

It comes down to what is the exorcists role?  is it an artillery piece (eg a basilisk ), a battle tank (lerman russ or a pred) or is it an Icon that has a shooting attack?

DoW it was more artillery piece

previous editions its was a 'light' battle tank

fluff wise is its an icon with a shooting attack

To me the Exorcist fills the role of Tank Destroyer. Mostly stationary, long range fire that can take out heavy targets, but does not do well against infantry or in a battle of maneuver.

I like that... could give the exorcist a rule where the damage taken is doubled against units with the keyword vehicle?

Ive never liked rerolls. Ruins the luck factor. As someone with atrocious luck, rerolls do nothing for me but put my opponent into 100% success ball park. If you miss or fail you should miss or fail.

A +1 to wound vs targets with vehicle keyword could be cool. Because rerolls i hate and i want to use 40k to teach my son maths so the more modifiers the better :p

More damage. Moar damage! I want opponents to fear the exorcist. 3+d3!

Yeah those custodes missiles are about what i believe the exorcist missiles should have been.

Iirc reroll wounds against vehicles and 2d6 take the highest damage.

Le sigh, i really dont have anything useful to contribute to this conversation anymore till the next agonising tease.

Yeah those custodes missiles are about what i believe the exorcist missiles should have been.

Le sigh, i really dont have anything useful to contribute to this conversation anymore till the next agonising tease.

D6 damage, reroll wounds against vehicles.

D6 damage, reroll wounds against vehicles.

Really? Thought they were a bit more fancier than that...still better than current exorcist.

The thermal... spears?... on armiger warglaives alsp has the melta rule, as does the upsized version on the questoris, and IIRC, boasts a longer range than the Sisters multimelta. I’d enjoy a 24” in-melta range on the exorcist as a different option.

how about making the exorcist an all round artillery unit for the sisters & give it different fire modes?

ie

wide spread: more shots, lower strenght, AP & damage   - anti horde 

narrow spread:  medium amount of shots, moderate strenght & ap, low damage - anti MEQ/ TEQ infantry

Concentrated fire: low amount of shots high strength, AP & damage

how about making the exorcist an all round artillery unit for the sisters & give it different fire modes?

ie

wide spread: more shots, lower strenght, AP & damage   - anti horde 

narrow spread:  medium amount of shots, moderate strenght & ap, low damage - anti MEQ/ TEQ infantry

Concentrated fire: low amount of shots high strength, AP & damage

Probably won't happen, GW likes stuff to have defined roles.  "Super flexible tank that can slot vs everything" doesn't really fit how the units tend to shake out.  The only thing I think that gets near that level of flexibility is the Fire Prism.  I still expect the Exorcist to fill the "long range anti-armor artillery" role.  Not like Sisters need much help clearing chaff :smile.:

New rumors from Faeit/French Wargamer: Listening to French Wargame Studio latest video (in French obviously), they dropped some info (sorry if those are known already). 

They'll get Stratagems, Act of Faith (not as good as before but still useful, one example cited was no more double movement, but instead a +3" movement instead) and Chapter Traits. 

It was also stated that Acts of Faith will have it's own pool of points/powers (determined by number of units/models) and you can use them as you please using that pool. 

Also one Stratagem was hinted that some models/units can use their Flamers when they get deployed (from deepstrike I'd assume). No extra range but just allow them to flame their target on the way down or something. 

Basically?: RIP anything with a jumppack, RIP useful AoFs(3" extra move? Might as well be nothing.) and another terrible stratagem(unless it's the one we've already seen).

If true. Sounds like going back to the WH faith pool days.

Curio us to see what faith will look like. If what youve said is true, sounds like a pretty hard nerf. So much so as to quite possibly knock us off our upper mid tier perch.

If our double phases go, we may see much less of Celestine in games (by non sisters players) as the multi attack was a big selling point.

Dont really care though. Am happy to roll dice any which way.

These are rumors. I do not put much stock in them as whoever listed them seemed to be out of the loop, since we know they are Order Convictions and the Strategem. I mean listen to this: "Also one Stratagem was hinted that some models/units can use their Flamers when they get deployed (from deepstrike I'd assume). No extra range but just allow them to flame their target on the way down or something. "

This is just an already acknowledged strategem/ability that is shaded incorrectly. And even then, if he didn't know, it would make no logical sense since flamers are outside of DS range. He could be right and just ignorant on 40k and how it works, but it comes across as attention seeking with a mix of already received information being shaded incorrectly to give plausible deniability in with pure gaff. He gives himself leeway by getting things wrong due to 'translation' but appearing to mostly nail what we already know so he can give some gaff.

He could again, be telling the truth. If that is true it will depend mightily on how the Acts of Faith work. If you can get a significant number of them off a turn for most rounds/all rounds of a game, then sure, reduce their effectiveness a little. If we're talking just a small increase then it is a significant nerf.

Indeed.

That said, if faith did make a change to being based off number and a pool, i could see sisters Brigades being quite potent.

Such a thing would give me the push i need to finish painting my brigade... trhat said, i have enough painting to do as it is.

I just don't want to live in a world where someone thinks that an extra 3" move qualifies as 'still useful' compared to a full additional round of movement. An interesting thing to think about is just how cheap Celestine and Seraphim would have to be to be the same level as they are right now after that big of a nerf. Even with Convictions I'd put Celestine at 150-175 (especially alongside rumors of other named characters already getting major drops) and I'd want to see seraphim be no more expensive than battle sisters. Without the double move their weapons are worse than basic BSS(inferno pistols have a shorter maximum range than meltaguns even when they're on a 12" move platform thans to meltaguns being assault). They also have a deepstrike ability no one uses because their guns are less than 9" range.

I do think these are fake though. The way he described the 'new' AoF system is basically the old 5th ed system combined with some of the ...less than stellar fandexes that people have made over the years.

As it stands, the only reason you would change AoFs would be to prevent ally abuse abd their are much better ways to do that than throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I don't put much faith in the supposed AoF changes either.

In thinking about an AoF/CP based system, with our current sources of AoF generating a CP instead of an AoF, that then can be spent on Sororitas strategems along with the ones that your detachments earn you. It could be interesting as it would help with the scaling of AoF and the availability of it assuming the AoF Strategems could be spent on Sororitas units anywhere on the table. Assuming of course that AoF Strategems were better than the ones revealed so far. Probably not what we have coming, but an interesting thought to have an AoF system that might actually work and scale and be good all at the same time.

I was tempted to get the special edition of CA. But then stopped to think, paying extra for pieces of paper/card that are going to be outdated only some months later...

Id rather save for the special edition of the proper dex when it comes.

Still no guarantee the actual codex and plastic models are coming in 2019, so a few months may be off just a bit. At any rate, I've been waiting for datacards since 6ed, I can buy in to the enhanced CA edition for them. Especially since I don't see myself buying any plastic Sisters unless they drop a unit I can't manage to convert from the metals.

I don't put much faith in the supposed AoF changes either.

In thinking about an AoF/CP based system, with our current sources of AoF generating a CP instead of an AoF, that then can be spent on Sororitas strategems along with the ones that your detachments earn you. It could be interesting as it would help with the scaling of AoF and the availability of it assuming the AoF Strategems could be spent on Sororitas units anywhere on the table. Assuming of course that AoF Strategems were better than the ones revealed so far. Probably not what we have coming, but an interesting thought to have an AoF system that might actually work and scale and be good all at the same time.

This was actually exactly what I was thinking for expanding AoFs as well. Allowing you to choose to give up an AoF for a CP and vice versa would create a lot of really interesting gameplay decisions. Though it would certainly have to have a hard limit on it. Allowing you to just do 12 AoFs in the first turn because you built a brigade would be silly.

Archived