Anticipation For Rules: Index Talons Of The Emperor

The thing about Heterans (sp?) is they are always by the Emperor's side so you will never see them as unit for 40k .

You can run them as a unit in 30k without the Emperor (and not just because he doesn’t have rules yet) so I don’t really see why they can’t be run in 40k as one.

I’m not saying we will necessarily see them as they don’t have a specific model, but the Emperor not being on the table shouldn’t stop them being taken.

• 2 weeks later...
Not great news from the Vigilus open day guys. The FW guy says no work is being done on the book at the minute and he thinks it’s been handed over to the GW writers instead of FW. He wasn’t sure about that last part but he said he knew that it wasn’t being worked on currently.

Not great news from the Vigilus open day guys. The FW guy says no work is being done on the book at the minute and he thinks it’s been handed over to the GW writers instead of FW. He wasn’t sure about that last part but he said he knew that it wasn’t being worked on currently.

I'm guessing it potentially being handed over to GW is a double edged sword.

On one hand it probably means Custodes have been a much bigger success than anticipated and the board want the larger GW team to handle it.

On the other side it means it could be delayed as a result of project handover, but we may get a more interesting product at the end? Who knows... I mean for now they can slot the beta rules into Chapter Approved no?

That would mean waiting another year. This year's CA has SoB beta rules, and if it's only now potentially being handed over, it won't be in a book that's coming next month. Because those will have been finished a while ago.

Given the pace with which GW has handled Codices so far, I wouldn't mind it being given to them. Gives a realistic chance of seeing it next year.

I'm not terribly surprised even though this is sour news, had been looking forward to it.

I'd heard some rumblings from a previous Open Day that it may have been shelved and clearly that is now the case.

It's basically undergoing the same fate as Fires of Cyraxus. It was announced with a lot of enthusiasm just a few months ago, and then they shelved it. Typical.

GW taking it over from FW is unconfirmed, but it would be the only hope of it ever being published, that's true.

Yeah, as Fortunatus says, it’s a double edged sword if they have taken it over. I kind of think GW will get it out quicker but the last contribution GW made to FW models was the last chapter approved where to say they screwed them over royally would be an understatement.

Simply put, I don’t trust GW to either write good rules for FW or give them reasonable points costs. They really seem to have a grudge against FW for some reason.

GW taking it over is probably more of a negative in terms of waiting. They'll slot it into their release schedule, and knowing they plan stuff out over a year in advance means we probably won't see this book for a further 12 months...

Ugh this is rather disappointing it must be said. In regards to rules, GW will probably write better ones I think lol

GW taking it over is probably more of a negative in terms of waiting. They'll slot it into their release schedule, and knowing they plan stuff out over a year in advance means we probably won't see this book for a further 12 months...

Ugh this is rather disappointing it must be said. In regards to rules, GW will probably write better ones I think lol

I’d be incredibly surprised if GW write better rules than the FW team for these models. You see for me, it’s not a case of do GW generally write better rules than FW? You could argue they do in a lot of cases. However these would be GW writers writing rules for a FW product and GW writers seem to really dislike FW stuff. Therefore they deliberately gimp them either with random restrictions, silly rules or massive points costs. Sadly, this would be no different.

But I've not seen FW write any particularly good rules for anything in 8th

Either they miss the mark, over-cost things or write something broken which leads to mass nerfs.

I LOVE Forgeworld. So much. I love the models, the lore they've written. Some of my favourite stuff in the hobby is exclusively of Forgeworld origin. I know they are better than what we're seeing from them currently :-(

But I've not seen FW write any particularly good rules for anything in 8th

Either they miss the mark, over-cost things or write something broken which leads to mass nerfs.

I LOVE Forgeworld. So much. I love the models, the lore they've written. Some of my favourite stuff in the hobby is exclusively of Forgeworld origin. I know they are better than what we're seeing from them currently :-(

Oh I agree totally, I’m saying that GW hate them so much it will be even worse than what FW would put out :)

Only this would be worse due to spite rather than incompetence :)

I'm not sure GW hates FW, they still answer to the same board, they both love this universe and hobby. I guess creatively they've had their differences and they struggle to find ways on marrying that together.

It's better than it ever used to be, it wasnt that long ago that you'd walk into a gaming store and could only hope you'd be allowed to use FW stuff. At least they are producing 40K rules now, even if they are hit and miss.

I'm not sure GW hates FW, they still answer to the same board, they both love this universe and hobby. I guess creatively they've had their differences and they struggle to find ways on marrying that together.

It's better than it ever used to be, it wasnt that long ago that you'd walk into a gaming store and could only hope you'd be allowed to use FW stuff. At least they are producing 40K rules now, even if they are hit and miss.

I’d love to believe you’re right but it’s very hard to reconcile what happened with the last chapter approved with anything other than GW disliking or giving the finger to FW. There is just no rational explanation for the points increases we saw in that publication other than to remove FW from the game.

Add to that the fairly lacklustre rules a lot of the units have been given (many are not even a shadow of their former strength/ability) and it doesn’t really paint a picture of teams that work well together :(

Archived