Danny Cyanide does Deathwatch

Danny Cyanide

Big update today! I finished off all my veterans for the above list, and feel pretty happy with myself! Here they are in all their glory:

Watchmaster - Rainbow Warriors

zHqBQcu.jpg

Watch Captain - Minotaurs

51KpARA.jpg

jISTMWQ.jpg

p3MqPZW.jpg

Squad 1

o4tl2nw.jpg

Front rank: Marines Errant, Angels of Absolution, White Scars, Sons of Medusa, Iron Snakes

Rear rank:Hammers of Dorn, Ultramarines, Angry Marine Watch Sgt (couldn't resist), Marines Malevolent, Deciples of Caliban

91hBaBL.jpg

Squad 2:

AYyMrzt.jpg

Griffin Lords, Crimson Bulls (made it up), Space Wolf Watch Sgt, Crimson Fists, Imperial Fists.

Squad 3:

gIxvFV1.jpg

Front rank: Celestial Lions, Silver Skulls, Dark Angel Watch Sgt, Black Templar, Crimson Castellans.

Rear Rank: Iron Hands, Mantis Warriors, Blood Angels

I used Pop Goes The Monkey pads for a lot of these guys and they are really great. They do have a very light texture, but paint up really well.

tfBrnpT.jpg

afCvQ8v.jpg

Finished up the Fortis Kill Team tonight. Here they are in all their glory:

G4OM0yA.jpg

Rear Rank: Cracharadons, Star Dragons, Flame Eagles, Lamentors, Exorcists

Front Rank: Golden Griffons, Storm Wardens, Scythes of the Emperor, Imperial Harbingers, Hawk Lords

Once again, here are the Pop Goes The Monkey shoulder pads:

H85OvHy.jpg

Man, I really love how your DW army looks. :wub:

They're very crisp and extremely well done. I especially love your black Armor and the steel/silver, any chance you'd share how you got the armor look on that Fortis KT? 

Once again, here are the Pop Goes The Monkey shoulder pads:

I had been debating whether or not to buy the shoulders from PGtM - but I think I'm sold after seeing them on your models. :tu:

You bet. The black is just Vallejo 70.950 black, airbrush highlight of P3 formula Coal Black, followed with an edge highlight of Vallejo model air 71.113 IDF Blue, and a second edge highlight of Vallejo model air 71.306 Sky Blue.

Silver is even simpler, is Vallejo model metallic air 71.072 Gunmetal, washed with Nuln Oil, and then drybrushed back with the gunmetal.

Introducing Revered Ancient Brutus, originally of the Fire Hawks, Brother Captain Brutus was seconded to the Deathwatch 892.M40 and he served faithfully and with extreme prejudice until he was brought low in hand to hand combat by a massive Ork Warboss in 942.M40.

When his body was recovered, the was still the faintest spark of life in him and he was offered the opportunity to pledge himself to eternal service to the Watch Fortress after death and was interned in a dreadnought sarcophagus.

As an Astartes he favored close quarters battle but he was quickly taken by the incredible damage that his new form could deal at range. Since then he has favored the Lascannon/Missile Launcher loadout, and he relishes blowing Xenos away from distance!

YiiAUCc.jpg

eWbzedy.jpg

Another Week, about Kill Team!

Fortis Kill Team 2, Intersessor and Hallblasters:

1Gsiklt.jpg

Intersessors:

3Ph0in6.jpg

Hellblasters:

CGKVoV2.jpg

Mostly Pop Goes The Monkey Shoulder Pads (a couple from the Deathwatch box):

9G3yh6P.jpg

Front rank: Concecrators, Red Legion, Howling Gryphons, Mentors, Avenging Sons.

Rear rank: Subjigators, Dragon Lords, Omega Marines, Angels Redeemed, Novamarines

Thanks Syward! I thought they turned out well myself! I'm 10 models away from my 2000 point list, and I also have 4 more Dreadnoughts to do after that (Leviathan, Redemptor, Mortis Contemptor and a Plasma Cannon toting Venerable), so there is much more to come!

Will I've decide to paint up these 2 Dreadnoughts before I do my 3rd Fortis Kill team and Captain, just to change it up a bit.

I added some Xenos skulls to the Redemptor, he'll be known and "The Bone Collector"

tEAkv7m.jpg

I started painting the Plasma Venerable while I was painting my hellblaster Fortis squad, buy yeah, 4 days ago the Redemptor was assembled and bare plastic.

I'm really trying to push through my Deathwatch project so that I can start working on some other projects, Word Bearers, Deathguard and Mantis Warriors. I picked up a Shadowspear and a Dark Imperium box for these projects, but I want to finish these guys off first. I still have 1 Fortis Kill Team and a Primaris Watch Captain to build and paint, along with a Leviathan and Contemptor Dreadnought before i'm done for a while!

Thanks Bjorn, I'll see if I can put something together for chapter symbols when I get a chance! I'm ordering some transfer paper to print out transfers for my Knights, so I'll pick a chapter for each of these guys then and print out something for them as well!

Thanks for the feedback!

Archived