Kriegs WH, AT, and Marines (update 01-01-19)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm back with my Warhounds finished. Nice miniatures and just like the Warlord I enjoyed working on the bases for them. Because I painted them up to look the same but opposite I've been treating them as twins so the names are referenced from a pair of twins from a cartoon series I enjoyed watching back in the '80s. One of the Warhounds even has a scar on it's face. :happy.:

I bought Nihilakh Oxide at the hobby store and tried it out on my Warhounds and Warlord. I like the effect it gives. My theme is that these Titans are locked in continuous combat on a world with continuous rainstorms and can only have time to reload ammunition and head back out. The warzone is just one big battle of attrition. The whole thing is mostly an excuse to explain why I screwed up the pose of the warlords right leg. Looks almost like it's about to buckle.

It was pointed out to me elsewhere that I painted the plasma gun coils red instead of blue. Seems Red is for another weapon. I chose red for this because I painted blue so much I wanted something different.

Here's my Titans so far together. 

Here's the preview of my next project. Can't wait to get working on these two. :happy.:

Thanks for checking this out.

Thanks Reyner. The white is just a simple job because I don't like white(go figure with the Legio I picked). The steps I take are

1. Army Painter Uniform Grey(I didn't do this step with the Warlord I started it with the Warhounds)

2. Ulthuan Grey

3. Army Painter Strong tone ink in the recesses while also covering the gold trim at the same time

4 Vallejo White high lights along the edges and against the recessed ink

5 Weathering and streaks with Army Painter Soft Tone ink and Lamian Medium to try to hide the fact the paint job isn't that great. Lol

Hello all

Bit of a sidetrack here as a break from my Titans. I've been wanting to create a Marines Chapter for a while and some while ago I purchased a bunch of Eqyptian god heads from Puppets of War. Looking at the site it seems all except the Horus heads are missing which is a shame. Being a fan of Stargate i'm shamelessly referencing it in my Chapter. :happy.:

Don't have a name or a colour scheme yet but they're going to be a Chapter that was sent into an unknown system to bring it under Imperial Control. They end up being under control by aliens and have become scavengers. They're not Chaos but they've struck out on their own carving an empire in the system they set out to conquer. 

The plan was that the Troopers would have the Snake heads(set), Squad Leaders would have the Cat heads(forgot the name), Fast attack would have the Bird heads(Horus), Heavy units would have the Bull heads(forgot the name), and finally Elites would have the Dog heads(Anubis). Since most of the heads disappeared I'll also be using Crocodile Heads(again forgot the name) as troops as well.

Will update when I can figure things out further. Thanks for viewing. :happy.:

Archived