New points for renegade knights

happyslugger

What do you think folks?

I think adding some knights might help DG out a little as I always seem to struggle with longer range firepower.

Played my son last weekend who fielded three normal knights, two autocannon mini knights and a sprinkling of his ultras....those D3 autocannons are very powerful.

Got to be good news??

Autocannons with damage 3 are very attractive. Are they more effective than chaos contemptors?

Detachement of 3 Armigers grants +0CP, while detachement of 1 Dominus and 2 Armigers grants +3CP. Dominus is already the best super-heavy vehicle in the game, and GW want to push its sale harder?

Makes the nurgle Knights I've been building makes sense, and I think they'll look stunning paired with the death guard deamon engines. That's enough for me. It just made what I was already doing legal.

But I feel like knights could be a could source of long range anti-armour that my death guard would have to rely on unthematic choices for.

Makes the nurgle Knights I've been building makes sense, and I think they'll look stunning paired with the death guard deamon engines. That's enough for me. It just made what I was already doing legal.

But I feel like knights could be a could source of long range anti-armour that my death guard would have to rely on unthematic choices for.

My thoughts exactly.  

What do you think of 2-3 armigers warglaives paired with some foetid bloat drones? They are quite fast and need to be dealed or cause mayhem

Sounds like a good plan to me, plus the warglaives could counter charge the targets that the drones don't want to be in melee with

Sounds like a good plan to me, plus the warglaives could counter charge the targets that the drones don't want to be in melee with

You already have daemon prince to handle the counter charge part.

I say 3 shooty armiger, 3 flammer drones, 3 daemon prince and whatever horde unit you fancy.

You already have daemon prince to handle the counter charge part.

I say 3 shooty armiger, 3 flammer drones, 3 daemon prince and whatever horde unit you fancy.

Agree.

Is warglaive OKay? Yes, or maybe.

Is warglaive better than other choices Chaos already own, for close combat/support? No.

I love so much gw has done this, I got my renegade knight as a rusthound and now highly tempted adding 2 warglaives to my army.

I feel the armingers are better than a helbrute/dreadnought, as I'm thinking of using them as warglaives, and maybe later running 3 helverins for just the firepower aspect.

Well I'm running my renegade knight with 2 warglaives, each in Super heavy detachment. Building them up and of course follows of Nurgle, may later do some conversions after doing them up, but not all knights have to be all warp screwed though, just a chaos paint jobs. That was off some YouTube thing I watch about knights.(can't remember which it was though)

I'm just loving the Armigers can be added to a DG army for much added firepower and speed.

I have one painted knight that is green with rusted armour trim.  There are no tentacles or weird things growing from it so I know the feeling.  I have two more knights I am building Thursday and may add some nurglings and chaos bits to them (whilst adding them onto the existing one), but I wont go mad and green stuff the whole kit.  

My knights will be from the rusthounds, who were originally from house krast (I believe) so they still have some admech signs on them.....just dirty and rusty now lol

How would you arm armigers with?

Keep the autocannons or chain glaive and melta? I kinda have an idea of adding a knight house fallen to nurgle over time

Also did anyone notice that the renegade nights have learnt to step over swarms of nurglings? I dunno about their imperial brethren but not stepping on its minions it's probably a good skill to learn if you are throwing your lot in with a dark god

I think I would run them with the autocannons as I have been on the receiving end of those (and Morty failing all his DR saves) and they can be brutal.  Plus I think they help us where we are not overly strong, long range firepower that can move and still shoot at a decent BS.  

I think we have decent close range units already, but that is just my 2p.

The only thing I don't like about that variant is the WS4+ because you know you'll roll a 1,2 or 3 when it comes to that harpoon (well I will).

I also think it might play better having some long range firepower to draw a massive amount of attention whilst the fast drones and DP advance with fewer shots to contend with.

Not that it matters as I don't have either of the two new knights as of yet lol

The only thing I don't like about that variant is the WS4+ because you know you'll roll a 1,2 or 3 when it comes to that harpoon (well I will).

I also think it might play better having some long range firepower to draw a massive amount of attention whilst the fast drones and DP advance with fewer shots to contend with.

Not that it matters as I don't have either of the two new knights as of yet lol

The Harpoon is a ranged weapon anyway. ;)

I'm definitely going with the autocannon variant. Two of those are replacing Mortarion in my list and it lets me wiggle an extra spitter Drone in. three drone, a DP and two Armigers should be pretty nasty and I've got four Troops units to hold objectives.

Archived