heraldry. On a door or standalone?

slitth

When Games Workshop or Forge World makes heraldry it often on a pauldron or door.

But is it what we want?

Would it no be better to make curved heraldry for pauldron and heraldry that could be place any where on a vehicle.

Or perhaps something different?

Like heraldry on a small coin? that could be use on vehicles or just a stand-alone tokens.

What do you think?

Dunno, I like the way it is. The few curved heraldry bitz for pauldrons seen looked very clunky and not as good as complete pauldrons and while there's lot of free space for heraldry on vehicles I probably would've put it on the doors anyway. ^^

Well, curved Icons are availablr via Shapeways - and in my experience they wprk marvelous.

Regarding "Heraldry", for Vehicles and Marines in other forms than problems, i love the Wulfen Kits' Extra Bits. It has quite a few small Medals and Honorifics you can strew on regular Marines or Dreads to give them a small extra detail.

Space Wolves also have the Benefit of Banners, Stormshields, aswell as Extra Decorative Bits in the Dreadnought and Stormfang/Stormwolf Kits you can place on Vehicles of all sizes, to make them Fenrisian (and in turn make the original kits they come from less cluttered)

But yes, I see why you would like Icons without Doors to customize and personalize Vehicles in your own way.

Isn't that what the Brass Etched Icons were for, when they were available? (Never had any of those)

The Black Templars upgrade kit also has a lot of decorative bits you can attach to vehicles, walkers etc that work well.

I think that would be the best way to go with further chapter upgrade kits, keep the doors and just add in a few extra bits.

Archived