Removing modelled smoke on Death Guard

warburni

Am thinking of picking up some of the new DG kits but I really dislike the modelled smoke type effects.

Is it possible to leave off/remove these? I don’t have a dremel but have a pin vice and am handy with a scalpel.

I’d like to get the DI marines and Typhus to start. I think Morty might be a right off as there’s so much on him? Not a fan of his pose anyway, so am okay with not getting him.

I’ve tried to search but haven’t found any info.

Hi, 

You can leave all the smoke and flies off most of the models.  My Typhus has no clouds/flies and the same with my Deathshroud.  I put the smoke on Morty, but you can't really see it where it is, so I was OK with that.  Likewise I actually cut off some of the little balls and flying Nurglings off him also.  I left all the Nurglings off his base and so on, so he just has a couple of the grenade things on chains.  

I will then use some of these bits to decorate bases etc.

I don't play a lot of games with Morty as I find he either does nothing and is a complete waste of points, or he chews through the enemy and basically wins the game himself.  Most of the time its the first one and I even drop him with his DS buddies...big point sink if you ask me.  Girlyman is so much better (IMO) for the points.

Hope that helps

Archived