Using R&H in a DG army

Orpheus108

Greetings followers of Great Papa Nurgle,

I wanted to ask all if people use Renegades and Heretics in their armies, as currently I'm building a R&H army to add to my DG Pallid Hand list. Adding in lots of armour to fit with the idea of DG/Pallid Hand, I know FW armies aren't used in tournament lists but more in fun casual lists.

At the moment I'm running 2 units of troops, 3 leman russ (2 nova cannons and one armed with a punisher) 2 heavy weapon teams. The idea is to run the troops as far pits to tie up the opposition and use the tanks to harass them. I'm looking at adding a baneblade, sentinels and bane wolves.

And I'll be adding a renegade knight (rusthound) and now I'm torn as to whether or to add 2 warglaives as renegades for so much fun.

So how are people using R&H armies and what are they using?

I often pair up Renegades and Heretics with my Night Lords although I haven't yet run them with my Death Guard or my World Eaters.

As you noted, R&H troops choices are solid chaff units that can screen, tarpit, speedbump, and cap midfield objectives.

2 bits of advice:

-With their BS of 5+ the heavy weapons squads aren't really worth taking anymore. I sure miss the old 7th Edition ability to buff their BS for 10 points. Some people do think BS 5+ mortars are worth it because of their cheapness and high rate of fire, but definitely not any other configuration.

-I've found Enforcers are a great force multiplier for our troops. Without them my Cultists and Mutant Rabble just dissolve away during the morale phase.

Have fun!

Archived