Adding DG to my Nurgle Daemon force? Help!

Kimbo

Hi! I just finished painting my nurgle daemons. Now...I am curious how you add in DG to complete an all Daemon force?

I have my eyes on the blight hauler and maybe predators? For anti tank...or should I go another route?

First, I am interested in hearing your more competitive play tips on how DG compensate for whay the Nurgle daemons lack? Please share your experiences... All info will be much appriciated

Just to add....I am looking for an allied Detachment..I still want the main force to be daemon focused

All the new DG vehicles(Bloat drone, Blight-hauler, PBC) have "daemon" keyword, and could have easy synergy with Nurgle daemon characters. Bloat drones may be more popular, they are fast and their model kits are very cheap, but the rules of other two are also very decent.

The "marine" part of DG is not that effective on themself, but some characters worth to notice:

Allocate 1 daemon Prince to DG detachement then he could take the super effective relic 2+ armor.

Necrosius is very powerful on his own, 3 dispels per turn. Just neglect the "poxwalker..." paragraph.

Foul blightspawn has anti-charge aura works on enemy units, so the daemon part of your army also benefit. He also carries an interesting gun.

I would point out the excellent synergy between Plague Burst and the feculent gnawmarl. Also note that the daemon engines are usually equipped with plague spitters.

Plague spitters are S: user so they benefit from the PoxBringer aura buff and epidemius tally, on top of being auto hit.

Blight-Hauler and Predator are not usually seen on high competitive list, but they do work out for a lot of people and are worth considering, along any helbrute (especially forgeworld one's) since they benefit from inexorable advance. 

I agree with the above, plus I think the following.

We usually remind ourselves "Boys Before Toys", in that we generally get wrapped up in fancy wargear when the more competitive to get is probably more units, but Nurgle Daemons have the opposite problem; they got great Boys, but not great Toys.  When you dip into the Death Guard Codex, you're going for Toys, and Brother Tokugawa and Brother Triton already mentioned the best example of that:

Winged Daemon Prince from the Death Guard Codex - to get their Suppurating Plate Relic 2+ armour (of cancer as my meta calls it, because of its chance to deal mortal wounds) and their Warlord Traits, usually Revoltingly Resilient (buffs their Disgustingly Resilient by 1).  This is probably the MVP in most of my games.  It's like the same unit as the Chaos Daemons Codex, but with far better Toys.

Plagueburst Crawler, Myphitic Blight Haulers, Foetid Bloat Drones - all great choices, I think I prefer the Crawler for its indirect fire, we use a lot of terrain.  Keep in mind some of their special rules only work for Keyword DEATH GUARD units, like the Myphitic Blight Haulers cover save cloud.

Death Guard Dreadnoughts - as an alternative to the above.  The Death Guard Legion Tactic, Inexorable Advance, makes them good dakka dreads.  I would prefer this to Predators (8th has not been kind to Preds), especially due to their Legion Tactic.  But I think all this might be a little obsolete with Armiger Helverins for mobile gun platforms, I'm not sure.

I've seen and played other things, but I think the above are the more competitive and rationale choices.

@N1SB Yes, I forgot that ability is DG only. So the other two are better choices.

Comparing Helverins with existing walker choice of DG: the one has simillar role and weapon properties is...contemptor with butcher cannons.

Contemptor: BS2+, 8 shots, S8 ap-1 dmg2

Armiger: BS3+, 4D3 shots(average also 8), S7 ap-1 dmg3

Against T7 3+ vehicles: Contemptor has 6.67 hits avg, 4.44 wounds, 2.22 through armor, nets 4.44 damage.

Armiger has 5.33, 2.67, 1.33, nets 4.0 damage.

Against T8 3+ tanks, Contemptor has 3.33 damage, Armiger has 2.67.

Against T6 4+ hovers, Contemptor has 5.93 damage, Armiger has 7.11.

(No need to mention that contemptor is better against units with exactly 2 wounds per model, while armiger kills 3wound-s)

Of course, Armiger has better range and speed, but it also deteriorate faster when degraded or meeting -1tohit, and cannot easily receive re-rolls besides buring CPs. The new toys are shinning good, but your old toys are also not that bad.

Archived