The Merits of Mono

PeteySödes

I completely forgot about this FAQ change in the BRB

Q: Is it possible to use a Stratagem from one codex to target a unit from another?

A: Yes, so long as the unit the Stratagem is being used on has the appropriate keywords (note that the Stratagems in Codex: Chaos Daemons and Codex: Tyranids are specific exceptions to this, as discussed in the relevant FAQs and Errata). For example, you can use the Tide of Traitors Stratagem from Codex: Chaos Space Marines on a unit of Cultists from a Death Guard Detachment (from Codex: Death Guard) if your army has both an Alpha Legion Detachment and a Death Guard Detachment in a single Battle-forged army. Also note that the only requirement to have access to Stratagems is that you have a Detachment of the appropriate Faction.

Basically Space Wolves can use SM stratagems...we just need to take a single detachment from another codex to unlock them first (like vanilla SM)

Many of the stratagems only require "adeptus astartes" (which we have)

-Honour thy chapter

-Only in death does duty end

-Hellfire

-Flakk

Hmmm...maybe a generic battalion for scouts who actually know how to scout is worth it

Well I haven't been using a detachment from Space Marines codex, but for sake of fairness and sportsmanship, my opponents have been allowing me to use the generic Space Marine strategems. Not that there are much to be use. to the list from Tigurius, I would also add:

- Auspex

- Wisdom of the Ancients

- Orbital bombardment (who uses that random rule though)

- the vindicator one

- the predator one.

The most I've been using is Hellfire and Flakk since one of my Long Fangs normally has a Heavy Bolter. Auspex I keep forgetting to use. So far the effect is fairly noticeable but not game breaking, in the end it's just a few mortal wounds more for my army.

Archived