House Porter - Knight Castellan 'Ozymandias'

Hey folks! Finished up my Knight Castellan this past week and took it down to Warhammer World for the doubles event. It was awesome. Its painted in the colours of my own custom Knight Household 'House Porter' using my own family heraldry and colours. Hope you enjoy! 

The rest of my Knight household can be found here for those interested :)

I named this Knight 'Ozymandias' not least because the poem is awesome, but my home village shares links with the author.

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

poL1Puu.jpg

CMA9EfY.jpg
heWRnmp.jpg
z2RNRJD.jpg

"Yes."

Nothing further needs to be said. 

Okay that's a big fat lie. It's cool to see the use of a Questoris face plate on him and the banner pole is a nice additional touch. As is the move to making him mid-stride. I have personally shied away from doing this myself as I'm a bit concerned that the underside of the feet needs to be filled up somehow when they're made visible. Overall that would be my only quibble if you can call it that. Refer to my previous comments about your colour scheme and their application.

Much like. :yes:

I agree, everything looks great and I really like the movement and banner pole!  I am also a fan of that poem and my brother often uses Ozymandias as his moniker in games. :)  I also really like that you used your own family heraldry, that is awesome!

Lookin' real nice, Ozymandias is a great name for a knight! Also providing me with some motivation of getting some work done on my own Castellan this weekend :smile.:

Where is that banner from? Is it custom made? 

Thanks! It took me ages to settle on a name. I still need to name my other knights as well...! You are very welcome for the motivation, haha.

The banner bit itself is from a High Elf kit, I've had it kicking around for about 5 years - it was finally time to use it! The logo on there is a custom transfer.

"Yes."

Nothing further needs to be said. 

Okay that's a big fat lie. It's cool to see the use of a Questoris face plate on him and the banner pole is a nice additional touch. As is the move to making him mid-stride. I have personally shied away from doing this myself as I'm a bit concerned that the underside of the feet needs to be filled up somehow when they're made visible. Overall that would be my only quibble if you can call it that. Refer to my previous comments about your colour scheme and their application.

Much like. :yes:

Haha, well thank you very much indeed! I was really excited to learn that the face plates are interchangeable and immediately seized on it as an opportunity to make my model stand out from the crowd a little. The banner pole is something I've wanted to do since the original knight release back in 2014..! The reposing isnt too difficult with the legs, and whilst I completely agree that the underside needs to be filled ideally, I didnt worry too much as its actually quite difficult to tell from the kinds of angles you actually tend to view the miniature from :) Glad you liked it!

Lovely colour scheme and executed so well, great work :thumbsup: Was the leg just changing the angle at which it connected to the hip? Looks really nice, gives it unexpected dynamism :smile.:

Cheers! The colour scheme was pretty much decided by the family heraldry, so that was easy enough... I guess I can thank my ancestors? The legs for this knight chassis come in bits, so the upper and lower leg can be re-positioned at will by removing the peg, same with the hip connection. I really wanted to capture some motion in the model to make the intro video from Dawn of War 3. That video really showed a whole other aspect to Knights that I think most of us didn't expect..!

I agree, everything looks great and I really like the movement and banner pole!  I am also a fan of that poem and my brother often uses Ozymandias as his moniker in games. :smile.:  I also really like that you used your own family heraldry, that is awesome!

Thanks! I'm really happy with how it all came out. Its a great poem isn't it! It took me a long while to pick a name, and I still need to name the other Knights of my House as well. Doing Knights in my own family heraldry has been something I've wanted to do for a long long time, so very pleased to have finally done it.

Wow I love this. Great job. Did you print your own decals/transfers?

Thank you! I did indeed yes, scaled them down in photoshop. Easier than I thought it would be!

Beautiful work, Grim Badger!  The paintjob is crisp and I love the details like the carapace pennant to add some unique flavour to this model.  Perhaps best of all is the "action" pose which adds an imposing nature to an already imposing model.  Bravo, sir! :)

Beautiful work, Grim Badger!  The paintjob is crisp and I love the details like the carapace pennant to add some unique flavour to this model.  Perhaps best of all is the "action" pose which adds an imposing nature to an already imposing model.  Bravo, sir! :smile.:

Thanks! Yeah I was super happy with how the banner came out, its a bit Ive been keen to use for aaaaages! Cheers :D 

WOWAWEEWA!

Is naiiice. ;) 

Archived