Scouts with marine helmets

Pvnisher

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips for converting scouts with marine helmets. I think they look cool like that. Should I drill the body out a little bit to fit the neck. I tried cutting the neck part out but now they look weird.

Let me see if I can dig up a link, but GC08 did an entire army of helmeted scouts if iirc....

Cheers,

Jono

HERE we go

Dude those are sweet scouts. Didn’t know it could look that good. Gives me hope my Reiver “counts as” Scouts should have a similar look when I’m done. (Minus the helmets because going to try to de-armor them as much as possible )

Let me see if I can dig up a link, but GC08 did an entire army of helmeted scouts if iirc....

Cheers,

Jono

HERE we go

Oh wow that looks great! I thought the scales would be terribly off! Is that using the current tactical kit or the previous one?

Cheers,

Jono

HERE we go

Oh wow that looks great! I thought the scales would be terribly off! Is that using the current tactical kit or the previous one?

From the date of the thread, I'd say it was the old set :tu:

Pig Iron made some helmets that were perfect for scouts but sadly they have gone out of business.

I thought someone else took over and made them now...?

They sure did! Found it. System Trooper Heads! Look great on scouts.

http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/head-sprues-c-4.html?zenid=hsdv42o9pr5oj73bph99si3nh5

If you're looking for alternative heads, I'd recommend Anvil Industry's Black Ops heads. They're what I used on my Raven Guard scouts (pictures in the WIP linked in my signature). They fit excellently with a little trimming and have got enough structurally in common with Mk VII helmets that they don't look out of place.

My favourite alternative scout head option are the Cadian Rebreather heads from FW. Xenobiotic used them on his Space Sharks scouts and in my opinion they are some of the best looking scouts I've ever seen:

VSblog_Pic1.JPG

Heads can be found here: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NO/Cadian-Infantry-Squad-with-Respirators-Upgrade-Pack

• 1 year later...