The Lords of Silence

Izlude

The moments leading to and including Mortarion were probably the more interesting parts of the book for me.

- The Deathshroud now speak and interact with other Legionaries, some even knowing their names now.

- In the future Mortarion believes or sees that Abaddon has split the galaxy unbeknown to our lead. Although obvious it could potentially mean that Abaddon has split things up to pre GC levels.

- Mortarion can sit down

- The Mortarion's Heart incident was entirely pointless because he does not care about Terra or the Imperium to a real extent and cares more for meetings with his Loyalist Brothers 

- Magnus and his sons really are not liked by the Death Guard and get a very special kind of hate in this book.  

Ferrus is also definitely dead, his body dismembered and his skull given by Guilliman to the Iron Hands to get them to accept the Codex.

Nuh uh, not says Fabius.

For my money it is taking far too long for GW to bring some of these Primarchs back.

Far, far too long. It was great that a start was made, but now they need to push on, and I agree that we need to see more loyalists come back.

Russ is number 1 on my list, most keen to see him return and with everything that's happening, seems such an obvious choice, what on Earth is keeping them.

Secondly also Dorn, The Khan, and Corax. But throw in Sanguinius and I'd love that very much as well.

Edited by Taliesin

For my money it is taking far too long for GW to bring some of these Primarchs back.

Far, far too long. It was great that a start was made, but now they need to push on, and I agree that we need to see more loyalists come back.

Russ is number 1 on my list, most keen to see him return and with everything that's happening, seems such an obvious choice, what on Earth is keeping them.

Secondly also Dorn, The Khan, and Corax. But throw in Sanguinius and I'd love that very much as well.

Khan, Corax, Russ. Thats a 'yes'.

Dorn? I would rather he be dead.

Sanguinius? He IS dead.

Njal Stotmcaller:

Even so, I saw a sleeper entombed in rock, and a white storm that rode upon a chariot of lightning. A shadow rises to the call of the Allfather’s messengers, a darkness that strikes from within.

Sleeper = Lion?

White storm = Khan?

A shadow? A darkness? = Corax?

They would need Traitor Primarchs to even things out a bit perhaps.

Have they said they are bringing more of them back? For my money I didn’t want any of them back, legends should be legends. Exploring them in a seperate series like Heresy or the primarchs is great but it shouldn’t be part of 40k. Full stop

Loving this so far - only a third of the way in, but so far it’s everything I’d hoped it would be. Very cool stuff. The comparison to the accounts of Talos et al are, happily, quite accurate :) Back to reading I go!

Now that I’ve actually started reading it, it reminds me of (dare I compare) ADB’s Night Lords. Lots of interactions with the Legion and the ship’s crew, etc.

I had exactly the same feeling – the fact that Lords of Silence evokes many of the same emotions that I got from my first read of Soul Hunter (which, in combination with its sequels, I consider to be ADB's best work), when the protagonists in the former are walking bags of pus speaks volumes about Chris's writing. 

So my Special Edition arrived, and it wasn't signed by the author, as advertised.

Thanks BL

But I've started reading, and it is superb so far. Incredibly excited to continue!

I would contact them about that. BL are pretty good at sorting out mistakes. The special edition is lovely isn’t it?

Read some of this at Warhammer Fest, have to admit I didn't care for it and didn't pick up a copy.

Even though it's Wraight, it didn't do anything for me.

I expect Haley's Dark Imperium II and The Buried Dagger will feature plots and developments much more to my liking.

Hate to drag this off subject but, Dark Imperium II? When was this announced and when is it coming?

Njal Stotmcaller:Even so, I saw a sleeper entombed in rock, and a white storm that rode upon a chariot of lightning. A shadow rises to the call of the Allfather’s messengers, a darkness that strikes from within.

Sleeper = Lion?

White storm = Khan?

A shadow? A darkness? = Corax?

They would need Traitor Primarchs to even things out a bit perhaps.

This isn't the full prophecy.

"None, my lord. There are stirrings, tempests through which even I cannot gaze. Even so, I saw a sleeper entombed in rock, and a white storm that rode upon a chariot of lightning. A shadow rises to the call of the Allfather’s messengers, a darkness that strikes from within. The benighted ones turn their supernal gazes upon our worlds – the Eater of Worlds, the Corpse-King and the Misbegotten Child move once more. The Cyclopean Fiend, we have already seen. Even the Golden One has broken his gaze from the Empyrean again. I felt its glare like a fire in my soul."

Lion, Khan, Corax(?), Angron, Morty, Fulgrim, Magnus, Logar, and we know Robbie is around writting Codex 2.0. So it makes 5 traitors, 4 loyalist. So if the prophecy is true we need a 5th loyalist.

Read some of this at Warhammer Fest, have to admit I didn't care for it and didn't pick up a copy.

I expect Haley's Dark Imperium II and The Buried Dagger will feature plots and developments much more to my liking.

Hate to drag this off subject but, Dark Imperium II? When was this announced and when is it coming?

https://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/october/dark-imperium-plague-war.html

https://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/october/dark-imperium-plague-war.html
Ah I must have glimpsed over that because it doesn't show as a physical book in the coming soon page. I can't take electronics into work and I do most of my reading during lunch. Guess I will settle for a write up from someone else. Edited by Jarl Caldersson