A Question on Aircraft

Warsmith Uveron

We won't know until the codex drops. They are all overcosted. You could build the body and wait for the codex to pick one to go with.

The instructions tell you to build the body specific ways for each type, but that isn't necessary. Just choose one you like.

The trickiest things to magnetize are the wings - especially if you use the additional middle element that you need for a Dakkajet with maximum dakka if built according to how it is modeled rather than doing your own thing. Everything else is fairly easy. My first plane can serve as both Dakkajet and Blitza-Bommer. With it I magnetized wings as they wouldn't stay on otherwise. They still don't very well. For some reason on the second plane, which is mainly a Burna-Bommer, I didn't have to use magnets. I guess not using that wing mid-section helped.

Now, the big bombs themselves are quite easy to magnetize, just use one magnet in the middle attachment point. I did that not only to change plane configuration, but also so I can take off a bomb to signify and remember I've already used it. The guns are rather easy to magnetize too. For Burna-Bommer configuration the Skorcha missiles are slightly more work. Still can be done of course, but it isn't as "invisible" - but I guess you'd only notice if you specifically looked at the underside of the wings.

Missile racks for the Skorchas.... that'd probably indeed be easier than giving each their own magnet. But yeah, pretty much like in the pic. If you install the mid-wing section permanently, swapping between the two bomber configurations is no big deal since you can install either type of bomb. And now with that said I forgot to say the obvious in my last message - if you don't mind mounting the wings permanently then the configurations are indeed easy as seen here. Personally I wanted to be able to take the wings off for transport.

Archived