Adeptus Titanicus - wishlisting and builds etc

Cyrox

Communication is indeed pretty poor.

Worst case, you could always build conversions based on the other 2 sprues and sell them. Raid your bits box. That is how I would likely tackle this (although knowing myself and my compulsive collecting disorder I'll just end up with more titans).

I think you can sell 2/3 of a titan but you most likely won't recoup much of the investment. How does the warlord's skeleton compare with an armiger?

Wasnt it mentioned that the Weapon Upgrade will come with the Beta Garmon book next year ?

Earlier i was thinking about buying a third Warlord and then the news dropped... going with this one not because of the weapon sprues but for the new Head

and the awesome fully armoured shoulder pads.

Some people are just impatient... good things take time

and for the new Knights... lets see what the cost are... but i think im going for it since i have all the big ones ;)

I've just come from the Facebook post and there was a LOT of salt. One thing I'm curious about is how much the weapon packs will sell for, if they ever materialise. The Warlord is £65 for three sprues (I believe), so £22 per sprue. I can't see GW selling a weapons sprue for less than £25. At that price bracket, it's not that much of a stretch to the full Titan. Annoying certainly, but I'll be interested to see how many of the advocates for weapons packs actually buy them.

What do you folks think?

Dallo

I knew the weapons would be expensive if/when they're released.  Given that the plasma/powerfist sprue had to have been done when AT originally shipped (there's no way they designed, CADed, and printed molds in two months) they decided not to include all of the weapons in the first SKU for some reason with the anticipation we'd buy more Warlord bodies just to get extra weapons.  

I know the discussion of 3d printing is a gray area but they continue to make it an attractive option to us when they drip feed weapons like this by attaching them to $110 SKUs.  Even with this announcement we're still short weapons without converting them from Warhounds or Reavers.

am right that it is 2 sunfurys but only one claw + 2 laser destructors?

what is SKU?

That’s how I read it yeah.

SKU means ‘stock keeping unit’. It’s the industry term for a single product of a specific type.

I absolutely understand that companies are in the business to make money but when you're launching a new game in an entirely different scale than the rest of your model range I feel you need to demonstrate as much good will as possible towards your customers. To bundle weapon options like this with entirely new titans feels like a step backwards for the "new GW" they've touted themselves to be with all the spoilers, previews, free rules, and additional content they've been offering the last few years.  

Some people are just impatient... good things take time

It is not impatience, most of us could wait a long time for the weapons but with the Warhammer Community not mentioning solo weapon releases and the hap hazzard joke of "you get a warlord with your upgrade sprue", we have no idea whats going on. Alot of us have already put money into a new game that appears to not to be what we were led to believe it was.

Take a year for single weapons, re-coop that investment but tell us what the hell is your business model.

I'm getting one of these new builds of titan. But I do want Laser destructors carapace weapons.

Though doing the maths (bleh) it seems like 6 Laser Blaster shots vs 4 Laser destructor shots actually produce more hits even with -1 to hit.

But but but I want Destructors!

well, I suppose it's good didn't buy another Warlord becouse I didn't want a second set of volcano cannons and apocalypse missiles.

I figured there would be additional Warlord sets that would swap out and use any new weapon sprues anyway.

still sucks they aren't being sold separately for those who already bought full maniples of Warlords, though I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't already plan to release them in a month or something.

This is depressing... I hope they didnt just kill remaining interest in the game... they haven't even released the campaign book yet. And looking at the Warlord sprue, it's clearly designed so new weapons/heads are all self contained on the one sprue. I also dont agree with the "25 pound upgrade sprue is so close to a full 65 pound titan"... well no its 40 pounds cheaper. That's another reaver or warhound or knight box... Andy Hoares damage control is pathetic as well. When you are trying to lawyer your customers what does that say about were you are as a company to them? I just feel kind of used.

Hmm. Has anyone tried using the Laser Destructors from the Warhounds as carapace weapons in Warlords?

Sure. It works fine and looks only a little goofy. I have sunk 5mm disc magnets into the bowls in the arm without even drilling anything, and even with the distance between the shoulder mounts and the arm mounts it's holding.

Hmm. Has anyone tried using the Laser Destructors from the Warhounds as carapace weapons in Warlords?

It might be possible to build the laser blasters without the third barrel so they look like destructors? Some people did that with their Reavers and it looked alright. 

Just looking at the sprues and the new parts I struggle to see how everything would fit on one. Sure the weapon sprue of the regular Warlord as been done generously and you could easily fit a few more parts in there, but we have 2 heads, 2 Sunfury (slightly shorter than Belicosa), 1 Arioch and 2 new 'shield plates' (which belong to the armour sprue) and 2 laser blaster (which are huge: nearly the size of a Sunfury I'd say).

I am really happy with the upgrade options we get as they are exactly what I wanted for my lead Warlord (even Mars beta head) but all of this stuff can't fit on one sprue, as far as I can see it. I guess this means, that we will only have 2 arms and can use only 2 Sunfury or 1 Sunfury, and 1 Arioch.

Just looking at the sprues and the new parts I struggle to see how everything would fit on one. Sure the weapon sprue of the regular Warlord as been done generously and you could easily fit a few more parts in there, but we have 2 heads, 2 Sunfury (slightly shorter than Belicosa), 1 Arioch and 2 new 'shield plates' (which belong to the armour sprue) and 2 laser blaster (which are huge: nearly the size of a Sunfury I'd say).

Welcome! Your question prompted me to have a quick look at how the new sprue might look like. It is purely speculative of course. Eagerly awaiting to see the actual sprue.

The warlord's sprues are roughly twice the size of the reaver's sprues. The reaver has a laser blaster and a powerfist. I assumed the fist part of the arioch claw would be 150% the size of the reaver's powerfist and made of 2 parts.The actual claws would be separate to allow for modeling flexibility, I assume they can fit wherever there is some space left on the sprue. The warlord's laser blaster would I think combine the one on the reaver (twice) and a modified version of the apoc missile launcher, modified in the sense that the carapace would be extended forward. I assume the core component of the sunfury will be quite similar to the core component of the belicosa.

Edit: the heads would be new components too, of course

gallery_116407_15011_185328.jpg

same here, that reaver looks so evil. chainfist, melta and carapace laser and that head! so fitting for Mortis.

guess im going to start legio Atarus sooner than I thought.

edit: and volcano cannon too.

is that all the weapons for reaver or is there some still missing?

Archived