Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

So between my bulwyf FLGS and my FLGS bother saying not to buy things, it seems like we are close to a release. Let's hope it's a good one and not just a Primaris LT.

So between my bulwyf FLGS and my FLGS bother saying not to buy things, it seems like we are close to a release. Let's hope it's a good one and not just a Primaris LT.

I can feel the *wink wink*...

A primaris LT would be about as useful as a chocolate fire poker. 

Getting excited again boys! Second (or is it third?) wind engaged. 

Guest Triszin

I can feel the *wink wink*...

A primaris LT would be about as useful as a chocolate fire poker. 

Getting excited again boys! Second (or is it third?) wind engaged. 

beats drums

" WE EATIN HELFROST TONIGHT BOYS"

FLGS owner asked his GW rep about what to do about SW players asking about codex/new models. GW rep said to tell us to save our money. No other details.

Save our money? Does that mean the codex will be a damp squib? :sad.:

No. the context was save your money for SW goodies. Without actually saying those words. So...I'm cautiously optimistic.

FLGS owner asked his GW rep about what to do about SW players asking about codex/new models. GW rep said to tell us to save our money. No other details.

No. the context was save your money for SW goodies. Without actually saying those words. So...I'm cautiously optimistic.

This, if a true account, actually has me optimistic too. If only because most retail joints are sell sell sell, not "hey this may be best for you".

Well... I can hear them... (with permision :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOBNYmtFHGo

From the Indian reservation

to the governmental school

Well they're goin' to educate me

to the white men's Golden Rule

And I'm learning very quickly

for I've learned to be ashamed

And I come when they call Billy

though I've got an Indian name

And there are drums

beyond the mountain

Indian drums that you can't hear

There are drums

beyond the mountain

and they're getting mighty near

And when they think

that they'd changed

me cut my hair

to meet their needs

Will they think

I'm white or Indian

quarter blood or just half breed

Let me tell you Mr teacher

when you say

you'll make me right

In five hundred years of fighting

not one Indian turned white

And there are drums...

Well you thought

that I knew nothing

when you brought me

here to school

Just another empty Indian

just America's first fool

But now I can tell you stories

that are burnt and dried and old

But in the shadow of their telling

walks the thunder proud and bold

And there are drums...

Long Pine and Sequoia

Handsome Lake and Sitting Bull

There's Magnus Colorado

with his sleeves so red and full

Crazy Horse the legend

those who bit off Custer's soul

They are dead yet they are living

with the great Geronimo

And there are drums...

Well you may teach me

this land's hist'ry

but we taught it to you first

We broke your hearts

and bent your journeys

broken treaties left us cursed

Even now you have to cheat us

even though you this us tame

In our losing we found proudness

in your winning you found shame

And there are drums...

Warhammer shop in my area now has Wolf Guard TDA, Thunderwolves, and Grey Hunter boxes in the "last chance to buy in store" shelves. Manager told me he was told by corporate to remove them from the floor entirely to make room for Kill Team, but he decided to out them out on the shelf instead. Maybe nothing.

We already have our existing GH and LF

We already have TWC and Wulfen

People could go Primaris and are choosing not to

SW codex will have to be insane with completely new models to justify any kind of large purchase from the existing player base

I still can't rationalize why GW isn't at least letting us know the damn release schedule. If I *knew* my codex was coming out in 2028, at least I can plan accordingly. Keep secret if it will include new models, but to just keep us waiting without any kind of known release schedule is just bad business, even if it is have been GW's MO for like ever.

Even if we get new models, I doubt I'll be buying any for a long time...I'll just proxy with what I have for the foreseeable future. I really was looking forward to the upgrade sprues, but my need for them have passed. Keeping your customer base in the dark cannot increase sales...at least it won't ever for this customer. Hope you will learn this someday, GW.

I still can't rationalize why GW isn't at least letting us know the damn release schedule. If I *knew* my codex was coming out in 2028, at least I can plan accordingly. Keep secret if it will include new models, but to just keep us waiting without any kind of known release schedule is just bad business, even if it is have been GW's MO for like ever.

Even if we get new models, I doubt I'll be buying any for a long time...I'll just proxy with what I have for the foreseeable future. I really was looking forward to the upgrade sprues, but my need for them have passed. Keeping your customer base in the dark cannot increase sales...at least it won't ever for this customer. Hope you will learn this someday, GW.

20p says you'll still be in the que when they drop new stuff

Actually keeping people in the dark does increase sales. If people know something they want is definitely coming in at a specific time, they are more likely to resist passing temptations and wait for what they want.

If they don't know when their next fix is coming, they are more likely to make impulse buys of things like Adeptus Titanicus and other "one-off" purchases. Keeping customers in tha dark increases impulse buys overall. You may be the exception to the rule but GW have learned from the mid-noughties that advertising things too far ahead cuts sales and reduces hype.

what event would be large enough to constitute the wolf time? Orks, Nids and Thousand sons all attacking the fang at once?

The blurb about Dark Imperium 2 says that Bobby G and Morty are fighting each other in Ultramar space but an even bigger threat is at Terra. It is worded something like that. It makes me think that the Armageddon Ork leader becomes a Prime Ork and is about to hit Terra out of nowhere...and that's when Russ returns.

The longer we're asked to wait the more optimistic for cooler toys i get.

Did i ever mention that when i was working at [undisclosed GW licensed parter] i was told Primaris Space Wolves were going to be coming out around Christmas 2017? That was when DA and BA hit. It never came to pass though and my employment at [undisclosed GW licensed partner] ended before i could get answer as to why.

I figured it was two things - they have more planned for SW beyond what DA+BA got and wanted to push out the release.... Or they just needed a filler for the release schedgule further down the line. The longer this goes on the more feverently i hope its the former.

Edit: dropping in from the other thread, no wishlisting over there.

As far as Primaris, I figure the Wolves will end up getting at least:

Intercessors

Hellblasters

Reivers

Maybe Inceptors, the Reivers might turn out to be a maybe.

If anyone is going to get a dedicated actual assault Primaris unit, it's the Wolves. What that ends up being, I honestly don't know right now. Still, Reivers are not quite dedicated PAP (Power Armor Primaris) assault units. I would expect a stock Primaris with the BP/CSword combination that BC's receive could be truly terrifying, if there's a reasonable delivery system for said unit.

Oh, if Primaris can take Land Raiders of any type and each Primaris is considered either Bulky or Very Bulky, or, 2 or 3 PA model slots, I think that might really make transporting Primaris quite a bit easier. Still, no clue on possibility of this one, but, given the option, it would really be interesting to have a LRC with up to 16 PA models, up to 8 TDA WG, or, possibly, up to 8 Primaris.

TDA Primaris would be absolutely terrifying...

Note: not mine, not our colors, but, I think you get the idea:

https://www.deviantart.com/hammk/art/concept-703462498

Guest Triszin

what event would be large enough to constitute the wolf time? Orks, Nids and Thousand sons all attacking the fang at once?

Currently

Guilliman

Vs

Deamons: Mort, Magnus

I expect fulgrim to now be in the lore attacking imperium

Orks

Beast ghaz, 6 beast ghazs destroying imperium

Yanrru

Xenos

By adding beast ghaz and fulgrim it def looks like wolftime

Primaris terminators equivalent is the Gravis armor. Anything we get will probably be based off of those three armor types: Mk10, reiver, gravis.

The rumor about primaris jet bikes was cool. Fly is such an important rule in this edition. Too bad the rumor got shut down pretty quickly.

I predict we get the bare minimum. Someone had leaked about the SW and Orks getting a separate box back in the Spring. It turned out to be the kill team stuff.

Nothing else leaked for us. GW either has done an excellent job preventing leaks or we are getting barely anything.

Guest Triszin

ya'll forgetting something thats already in space wolf lore.

Primaris use

Mark 10 Tacticus Armor

what if wolves get

Mark 12 Lupine Pattern. and we get a standard troop with runinc armor giving them a save vs mortal wounds. ( lol not going to happen)

The longer we're asked to wait the more optimistic for cooler toys i get.

Did i ever mention that when i was working at [undisclosed GW licensed parter] i was told Primaris Space Wolves were going to be coming out around Christmas 2017? That was when DA and BA hit. It never came to pass though and my employment at [undisclosed GW licensed partner] ended before i could get answer as to why.

I figured it was two things - they have more planned for SW beyond what DA+BA got and wanted to push out the release.... Or they just needed a filler for the release schedgule further down the line. The longer this goes on the more feverently i hope its the former.

I hope your right Wispy. There has to be something to make the wait worth while.

Archived