HH Series ending soon. Siege will be another series

Valdor would be with the Emperor and beam up with him to Horus Flagship.

Sigismund was appointed Emperors Champion, and told to hold the line while they were up there.

I want to see how this will be handled.

I hope Sigismund is appointed by the Emperor and not Dorn, since Dorn disinherited him.

What was Valdor up to before beaming up? Hope a novel addresses this

EDIT: Revised my Siege series wish-list below, based on fact that Khan takes on Fulgrim...

1. Overcoming Sol's "ring of iron"

2. Overcoming Terra's orbital defences...huge struggle for orbital supremacy and resulting Traitor bombardment

3. Planetfall and siege of outer Palace...Eternity Wall and Lionsgate Spaceport fall, and Sigismund starts to terrorise Traitor champions a la Achilles in The Iliad.

4. Khan confronts Fulgrim, purposefully lures/diverts him, Emperor's Children, and Slaanesi degenerates to peripheral civilian quarters [Great idea, Jarl!], where they descend into debauchery, engaging in civilian torture/slaughter campaign...Arik Taranis, Ghota, other surviving Thunder Warriors plus civilian guerillas, other elements fight against depredations (perhaps Severian or members of Howl of the Hearthworld partake)

5. White Scars (and allies?) counterstrike against Death Guard (and allies?) at Lionsgate Spaceport...Shiban and Jubal make names for themselves

6. Potential novel about Vulkan and Salamanders (hopefully not by Kyme this time...please). Also, what on Earth are Valdor, custodes and Malcador, assassins up to?

7. Traitors penetrate deeply into Palace, Sanguinius defends the Ultimate Gate, Sigismund continues to spank Traitor champions

8. Vengeful Spirit...finale

...so 4 and 5 would focus more on WS, 6 could be interesting, and the rest would focus more on BA, IF

I'd say Jubal already has a name, if he's known to the likes of Alajos, Khârn and others.

Side note: I just realised the Scars' very first appearance in the Heresy refuted the one trick pony stuff. Not to mention that their every mention before that - WoAaF and PB - bigged them up. If only other Legions had been served as well.

ADB is probably writing his Siege novel now because he doth write slowly. But it’s ok. He’s rather good in my opinion. I wonder how much of my £9.99 actually goes to him?! Probably bugger all knowing evil corporate machinations!

ADB is probably writing his Siege novel now because he doth write slowly. But it’s ok. He’s rather good in my opinion. I wonder how much of my £9.99 actually goes to him?! Probably bugger all knowing evil corporate machinations!

I remember reading an author gets between 10 and 15% of the book retail price. So around a pound to pound fifty per book. Which is great if you shift volume but not so hot if you don’t. I’ve no idea what sort of volume a run of the mill BL book shifts.

I want our good authors to be well paid. I don’t want them stressing over a mortgage when I want them focused on a novel. So hopefully they get a good slice.

I'm not on my Siege novel for a while yet, nope.

The Scouring would be a ‘damp squib’ because the Heresy set it up for failure by injecting every piece of 40k connection into the Heresy. The Scouring is the Triumvirate period in Rome, the aftermath of apocalypse. It’s every bit as awesome as the Heresy.

i hope Aximand doesn't lower the shields. That's been a popular fan theory since the series started, but doesn't make much sense after the way Abnett skillfully developed his character in Little Horus.

I hope Aximand is not Drecarth the Sightless

Something tells me that Drecarth is a Horus Heresy veteran like Abaddon?

@ Sete

Valdor is like a demi-Primarch...he'll give the likes of Alpharius a run for his money, based on FW rules as a loose reference

At the Siege, Dorn, Khan, and Sang will have to keep the Traitor primarchs busy. This will actually be a major issue:

1. Horus (the Everchosen) is untouchable by all save the Emperor (yes, Russ touched him with the Emperor's Spear, but no weapon like that is available to the defending Primarchs on Terra). The Emperor himself is not on the field and will only join the conflict to end it aboard the Vengeful Spirit. The Emperor's participation in the defence of Terra is equivalent to Magnus' participation in the defence of Prospero (minus the prior sabotage of course).

2. Angron, Fulgrim, and Magnus are Daemon Princes of Khorne, Slaanesh, and Tzeentch...they need to be distracted or diverted. They'd be extremely dangerous for the defending Primarchs to engage.

3. The remaining Traitor Primarchs are the Primarch equivalent of CSM Chaos Lords by the late Heresy. When Jaghatai met Mortarion on Prospero, he felt that Mortarion's power had grown significantly in a dark, intimidating way. By the Siege, the likes of Mortarion, Perturabo, Lorgar will only have grown stronger with the gifts of Chaos. Curze and Omegon won't be there, I think.

I don't see Valdor taking on any of the Traitor Primarchs above and living. Valdor's on-field role should be similar to Sigismund's, rather than any defending Primarch's. Valdor and an elite retinue of Custodes should handily mop the floor with any Traitor Astartes command group. That's why I do find it somewhat odd that only Sig is mentioned as the great champion-slayer of the Imperial side. I assume The custodes' role will be addressed in one of the novels.

But, but, rumours on social media are that you’re writing your next novel and I’m sure in the past it’s been said it takes you a year or two to put one together.

Plus you’ve already done your mandatory “post GS novel” that I imagine many authors have done/will be doing.

So by my humongous logic if you’re not doing that or Siege then you must be writing the next Abaddon novel ;)

The Scouring would be a ‘damp squib’ because the Heresy set it up for failure by injecting every piece of 40k connection into the Heresy. The Scouring is the Triumvirate period in Rome, the aftermath of apocalypse. It’s every bit as awesome as the Heresy.

I agree and disagree. It's not every bit as awesome in the sense that significantly less happens in terms of the famous events people want to read about. But as someone that has repeatedly disliked or argued against making every connection to 40K that floods the HH series (especially the Tyranid one...) as if nothing comes about in the 9,000 years after the HH, I definitely agree with that part. 

It's not that there's nothing happening in the Scouring. There's lots. But there's lots at every point in the Imperium's timeline, and I'm not particularly interested in a Scouring-specific series. My preference as a reader and a writer is seeing why 40K is interesting over hearkening back to other times and making everything in the past "better" than 40K. Stuff like the Scouring works especially effectively as resonant memories and flashbacks to relevant factions and characters, rather than yet another series detailing everything. One of the reasons I try to focus on 40K as often as I can is because I think it's getting slightly neglected at times - a lot of the more popular and/or authors I prefer to read focus more often on the Heresy for long stretches, and I think 40K can unfairly feel like the redheaded stepchild or the boring epilogue to the "better" HH era.

The older stuff is fun! But I like people exploring 40K more often than I need a constant supply of prequel stuff. 

This is especially relevant now, with how poorly understood the Dark Imperium currently is. But I think that'll resolve over time, as more and more readers get acquainted with the lore on what's really happening there, and how absolutely dark it really is.

But, but, rumours on social media are that you’re writing your next novel and I’m sure in the past it’s been said it takes you a year or two to put one together.

Plus you’ve already done your mandatory “post GS novel” that I imagine many authors have done/will be doing.

So by my humongous logic if you’re not doing that or Siege then you must be writing the next Abaddon novel :wink:

My current novel choice came down to the sequel to Spear of the Emperor or Nameless Black Legion Novel #3. I went with one of them to balance out the 50-50 Chaos/Loyalist ratio that I like to try and hold, with the factor that I know the next few years of my schedule, so I know what's coming down the pipe. 

Could Valdor be in the basement dealing with any issues there? Or is it all under control now? I know in the old fluff the Emperor mass teleported those within the vicinity. He had to make do with who he got, Valdor may not be anywhere near the Emperor.

I’m not sure how I feel about what is essentially the Emperors leader of His personal bodyguard not being with Him. Unless there was something specific Valdor needed to do of course.

I’m also under the impression that the Webway is closed but being kep shut by Him. Otherwise the whole Daemons flooding the throne room is a lie.

Yeah I get that point and would not make much sense true but you never know. it is odd how in the limited accounts of the Emperor v Horus and bits leading up to it, Valdor isn't mentioned. Perhaps the Emperor gives him a secret mission?

Archived