New Ork Vehicles - What do you think?

antique_nova

I'm honestly kind of torn on how to feel about the vehicles. I mean, from a design standpoint they're fantastic. They all look real flash and I'm sure Evil Sunz/Speed Freeks players are going nuts right now, and they should be! But, at the same time, I'm hoping the only new kits we are getting aren't just buggies and bikes. We still have super limited options for our warbosses, nobz, kommandos, etc. Not trying to start a whingefest, just holding out hope for a bit more beyond just new buggies :smile.: Id love to see a multi part plastic warboss and maybe a separate upgrade sprue compatible with the boyz box to make some of the other foot slogging choices in the dex.

No, your points are valid. Trust me, in the Orks group I'm in on FB, I saw true whining.

I was so enraged that B&C was down at the beginning of the month. I had to deal with people being "It's Orktober, where's the Orks?" literally at the beginning of the month.

And we ARE getting a multi-part Plastic Warboss. Did you see the Kill Team Commander for Orks? That's the Grukk model without the Nobs.

I do agree with what someone said, that these new ork sculpts with these vehicles will make most of the rest of the range look dated.

I kinda hope we see new boys/nobs within the next 6 months.

I'd like a range refresh to better match sigmar and 40k, at least in physique

I do agree with what someone said, that these new ork sculpts with these vehicles will make most of the rest of the range look dated.

I kinda hope we see new boys/nobs within the next 6 months.

I'd like a range refresh to better match sigmar and 40k, at least in physique

Sadly I think it will be a few years at best. When you look at the amount of mold lines on the standard boys, its quite low. Compare that to the Guardsmen or some of the Chaos Marine Range you can build a long list of kits thats molds will need replacing first. 

I'm honestly kind of torn on how to feel about the vehicles. I mean, from a design standpoint they're fantastic. They all look real flash and I'm sure Evil Sunz/Speed Freeks players are going nuts right now, and they should be! But, at the same time, I'm hoping the only new kits we are getting aren't just buggies and bikes. We still have super limited options for our warbosses, nobz, kommandos, etc. Not trying to start a whingefest, just holding out hope for a bit more beyond just new buggies :) Id love to see a multi part plastic warboss and maybe a separate upgrade sprue compatible with the boyz box to make some of the other foot slogging choices in the dex.

It's a fair point

Personally, for units with "different heads / weapons" that's what Forgeworld is for IMO, and in fact Komandos are catered for this there

Some more info regarding the upcoming Speed Freeks box game: What is the Speedwaaagh!?

*** Rumours that some Snakebites have attached booster engines to gargantuan Squiggoths in an attempt to speed them up are as yet unproven.

So, I only have Tau and SPace wolves.

I am now seriously considering making a goofy ork army, focused around the squig buggy

And we ARE getting a multi-part Plastic Warboss. Did you see the Kill Team Commander for Orks? That's the Grukk model without the Nobs.

Grukk has been available separately before. And what I think he was hoping for was a boss with actual options and posability, Grukk while multi-part is still essentially just an ol' monopose figure.

Anyway. For the other buggies I forgot that they're coming in the box set. So I MIGHT get that depending what kind of price I can find it for.

I'll be putting old Ork heads on the bodies of the orks in the buggies, maybe bodies too, depending on how it is in person. I just wanna know their rules so badly, cause I wanna know if I should be buying one of each for my collection, or one of each except 3 of one and 5 of another.

Yeah, I like the chiseled look of the Brian Nelson sculpts better myself, so if I get the new vehicles I'll be switch out the heads. The new ones look too...squishy? I dunno.

That's if I get any of the new ones. They look nice, don't get me wrong, but I have very few non-looted vehicles.

I was typing up about wondering about the cost, and then realized it is 5 power level... so, i'd guess 90-120 points. Yeah. I think I'll want a squadron of those.

That's some dangerous rivets! Looks like they could be pretty useful. I'm not sure if I'd remember to fire the Stikkbomb and the Grot blasta every turn though.

Well, the fluff from Speed Freeks states those "rivets" are for STOMPAS AND GARGANTS. They're two-foot long metal spikes. Uhh, yeah they're dangerous :lol:

Also the Shokkjump Dragsta:

gallery_97889_14856_66563.jpg

And if any Orks are having eye issues reading the rules:

Kustom Boosta-Blasta PL - 5

M - 12", WS - 4+, BS - 5+, S - 5, T - 6, W - 8, A - 4, Ld - 6 Sv - 4+

Weapons: Rivet Cannon, 4 Burna Exhausts, Grot Blasta & Stikkbombs

Burna Exhaust

8" Assault D3, S 4, AP 0, D 1

Automatically hits

Grot Blasta

12", Pistol 1, S 4, AP 0, D 1

Rivet Cannon

36", Assault 6, S 7, AP -2, D 2

Stikkbombs

6", Grenade D6, S 3, AP 0, D 1

'Ere we go, Mob rule, Dakka! Dakka! Dakka! Speed Mob

Grot Gunner

Add 1 to hit rolls for attacks made by this model's grot blasta.

Riding Shotgun

When this model shoots, it can throw a Grenade and shoot with its Pistol(s) in addition to any other weapons.

Spiked Ram

Each time this model finishes a charge move, select an enemy unit within 1" of it and roll a D6; on a 4+ that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds.

Explodes

When this vehicle is reduced to 0 wounds, roll a D6. On a 6 it explodes, and each unit within 6" of it suffers D3 mortal wounds

Faction Keywords: Ork, <Clan>

Keywords: Vehicle, Speed Freeks, Kustom Boosta-Blastas

Shokkjump Dragsta PL - 6

May take up to 2 additional Shokkjump Dragstas for 6PL each

M - 14", WS - 4+, BS - 5+, S - 5, T - 6, W - 8, A - 4, Ld - 6 Sv - 4+

Kustom Shokk rifle

24", Assault 2, S - 8, AP - -3, D - D6

If you roll one or more unmodified hit rolls of 1 for the weapon, the bearer suffers 1 mortal wound after all the weapon attacks have been resolved. Each time you make a wound roll of 6+ for this weapon, the target suffers 1 mortal wound in addition to any other damage.

Rokkit Launcha

24", Assault 1, S - 8, AP - -2, D - 3

Saw Blades

Melee, S - +1, AP - -1, D - 1

'Ere we go, Mob rule, Dakka! Dakka! Dakka! Speed Mob

Shokk Tunnel

If you roll a 4+ when Advancing with this model, remove it from the battlefield and set it up again anywhere on the battlefield more than 9" away from any enemy units. After doing so roll a D6, on a 4+ the model suffers 1 mortal wound.

Grot Gunner and Targeting Squig

Add 2 to hit rolls for attacks made by this model's kustom shokk rifle

Explodes

When this vehicle is reduced to 0 wounds, roll a D6. On a 6 it explodes, and each unit within 6" of it suffers D3 mortal wounds

Faction Keywords: Ork, <Clan>

Keywords: Vehicle, Speed Freeks, Shokkjump Dragstas

The fact that the Kustom Boosta-Blasta has FOUR burna exhausts is hilarious.

I am so ready for these.

Anyone have any examples of Bad Moonz cults of speed?

You mean paint jobs? Not yet but...Yellow base with orange and black sun markings might look right... Hummmm. Even Orange black and white might be good choices. 

PiñaColada shared the Warhammer Community post in the News and Announcements sub-forum. I won't repost my full thoughts, but the take away for me is that it looks like we'll have new options for supplemental anti-tank from the new buggies, which I feel we desperately need.

I am so ready for these.

Anyone have any examples of Bad Moonz cults of speed?

Lore-wise or people's armies?

For the former, Speed Freakz/Kult of Speed is more a sub-culture (or Kultur) of ork society, rather than a Klan, so it can pop up anywhere. It can be a section of a tribe or warband or the dominating theme of an army. Less likely with Bad Moons than Evil Sunz, but quite possible.

As for the latter, I've never seen one.

Archived