Show Your Finished Kill Team Terrain

Dr_Ruminahui

• 3 months later...

You ever buy a model because it will let you use some bits left over from a different model?  It happens more often than one might think for me.

Anyway, I had an imperial knight that I hadn't used the mechanicus symbols on, and when shopping at the local hobby store, saw a WWII Russian fuel tank that would allow me to use them.  So I picked it up and painted it to go along with the little tractors from the munitorium terrain set.

Hg3yXTZ.jpg

disLBN9.jpg

I'm out of practice building historical models... it was very fiddly and (I suspect) quite fragile.  Also used a transfer for the first time in more than 20 years, and while it was less of an ordeal than a remembered (part of the reason for not using them in so long), I'm pretty happy with it, even if the decals aren't completely straight.  The model doesn't really have much obvious detail, so I think the giant white numbers really bring the model together.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

• 1 year later...

I may be the only one who remembers this thread exists - I'll have to get Brother Tyler to add it to the stickied resources thread. :smile:

Didn't manage to get my kill team completed for the Knives in the Void challenge, in part because I was painting up the ork killteam terrain for a friend.  Here it is along with 6 old resin barricades he had that I also painted for him.

The oil derrik:

xoEgv3Z.jpg

Mu6zhfr.jpg

The blue and the red are his army's colours, which is why they feature so prominantly on the pieces.

The smaller of the ork ruins - there are two of them in the box and I thought it made sense to photo them side by side to show how I mixed up where the colours were to make them look different.  Front:

0lRMana.jpg

kF77zwg.jpg

SeGBUSq.jpg

1Q0LAnO.jpg

The larger ruin piece:

d7KxEEs.jpg

AE7hGBN.jpg

lYkLsER.jpg

NVgwJsm.jpg

The little raised platforms - getting the legs to stay on these is a real challenge.

xtQmW39.jpg

The junk piles:

3pBQB9w.jpg

The wooden bridges:

MNRCCiD.jpg

The large barricades:

XsQsPwa.jpg

The small barricades/cover pieces - wanted each to be a bit different because, well, that's orky:

KrlIf22.jpg

And finally the 6 resin barricades, both the fronts and backs:

wOekHDu.jpg

gSbJ5nW.jpg

UK61wzn.jpg

GkGbovN.jpg

BsM9xdw.jpg

Ld3lJId.jpg

And finally, all of it together:

IYqjgGe.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

10 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Those are awesome - love the subdued, weather worn colours - though I'm surprised you didn't make the standing coils "dead" like the coils in the pipes.

Ya know, I would have, but those came to me assembled and with the coils painted. I didnt have a good idea for painting them and figured a piece of tape to mask it off while I did the rest was faster than figuring it out haha

12 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

That makes sense - though I'm sure they would look how you painted the "dead" coils as well.

Thanks! I do have more of those things to get to at some point, so I will do those ones dead, and see how it goes. I can always mask these and do the coils later!

Hmmm orrr I could swap them in and out to indicate wether or not the power is on.

Edited by Ripper.McGuirl