Kustom Stompa

Lucio

Hey all

I've been considering adding a Stompa to my army when they come back into stock and wondering if the Kustom Stompa is a better route forward.

Thinking arming it with 2 x Mega Klaw and Belly Gun, so it'll have 8 S20 -5 rend 4 damage melee attacks and a decent ranged attack to clear out Infantry that might try and tarpit it (back up and blast)

Main concern is that a Stompa really isn't that tough, and for similar money, I could get or convert a Kill Tank which'd see more play due to lower points

I think that once the codex comes out the Stompa could be as powerful as a Castellan Knight. It's only a point adjustment and a few strats away from greatness.

Wait for the gw plastic kit to be back in stock.

Hey all

I've been considering adding a Stompa to my army when they come back into stock and wondering if the Kustom Stompa is a better route forward.

Thinking arming it with 2 x Mega Klaw and Belly Gun, so it'll have 8 S20 -5 rend 4 damage melee attacks and a decent ranged attack to clear out Infantry that might try and tarpit it (back up and blast)

Main concern is that a Stompa really isn't that tough, and for similar money, I could get or convert a Kill Tank which'd see more play due to lower points

I've been thinking about a Kustom stompa off and on for a while but plan to wait a bit longer I was considering all shooting weapons with the Dakka Dakka Dakka army rule. I know it's not "The best thing ever" But I like the idea more than a close combat Stompa. 

The biggest reason is the Gorkanaut is right now, I think, superior for the points cost.

A few other thoughts here. You say the stompa isn't that tough and that's fair but what else is in your list is always my first question.  If the points come down it becomes a better choice.  Like everything else Ork related there is no one tool option and any stompa wont be one so you'll have to figure out how you plan to support it. and the choices are limited. 

A big mek with a runt can at best "fix 4 wounds" and if I recall that's once per games on that. I don't have my book near me to look. 

I haven't used any of my stompas yet this edition

If your just looking for a heavy hitter for games I might go with the Kill tank. I was looking at the take made by Da Green one and it has 2 hull mounted weapons options. 

Looks really good too. 

Archived