Chapter suggestions - help needed!

Pacific81

Hi folks

This one is for the old grognards and Black Sabbath t-shirt wearing guys that still lurk around this forum - your help is needed please :)

I've recently rescued a copy of the original Edition Space Hulk from the depths of my attic.

It's almost fully intact but unfortunately is missing most of the original terminators.

Fortunately though this has prompted me to treat myself to some original/Rogue Trader terminators from a certain online auctioneering site. Have to say has been some time since I handled an old lead miniature!

My question is now what chapter colour scheme to paint them in? Not to keen on any of the 'big 4' (Blood Angles, Ultramarines etc)

Can anyone think of some of the older, quirky chapters from the late 80s/early 90s that might fit? I'm guessing a rubbish/cheesy chapter name will suit - possibly something that's been in an 'eavy metal feature at some point.

Sadly my White Dwarf mags from that time have long since gone - so any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Pick your poison...

med_gallery_26_548_93959.jpgmed_gallery_26_548_248289.jpg

(from the 1st edition rulebook)

med_gallery_26_7488_103281.jpgmed_gallery_26_7488_23540.jpg

(from the Index Astartes article on the Badab War)

And there was also the Dark Brotherhood (no idea what their color scheme was since all we really had was a black and white cross-hatched image), the Yellowjackets (a DIY Chapter), the Grey Slayers (no idea what their color scheme was since all we had was a story in Slaves to Darkness), the Legion of the Damned (though they didn't have TDA at that time), the Grey Knights (were more like a normal Chapter that was good against daemons rather than the specialized Chapter that we know now), and some others.

Many thanks for the suggestions - really appreciated!

Haha yes some of the old designs are brilliant aren't they. Got to love a mushroom cloud as a chapter icon! :) 

That IA article artwork is really useful. I might try one of those - then if I ever get to the Genestealer expansion (I think it was?) could paint up a traitor terminator squad for some antagonists from the other side. 

Archived