Should Centurius have a banner or not?

Lord Kallozar

The modern LotD sergeants have those groovy electric fireplace banners so there's no reason for him to be different. In general banners are a matter of taste for marines. Dreadnoughts, Chaplains and Librarians rarely get depicted with banners these days but there's precedent for them in 2nd ed.

The mini came with a character backpack (with banner pole)...

http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/promotions/sgtcenturius/ebay1111B025.jpg

...but there were no rules for a backpack banner for the character, and many modelers didn't include the banner/banner pole.

Just do an Internet search for images of "Centurius" and you'll see versions both with and without. If I was going to convert a model now, I'd use one of the burny backpacks to make the model fit in with the current range of models better.

As the banner has no in-game effect I would say the answer is simply whether you want him to have one or not. With the way targeting works now, personally I would leave it off so people can’t draw line of sight on it. That’s a sad way to look at it I know, but the current rules actively discourage ornamentation.

Archived