Which Chapter's rules are the best/worst?

domsto

Now after every Space Marine Chapter got their Codex and some time passed for people to test them. One question came to my mind:

Which of the Chapters is the best and which is the worst?

I know this cannot be answered without Subjective views but still i am Interested what the Space Marine Community thinks.

For me the best Chapter is clearly Blood Angels, simply because the +1 to wound can make a big difference.

The worst one i can think are the Dark Angels.their Tactic only helps 1/3 of the Chapter and does nothing for the super special DA only Units like Deathwing and Ravenwing. It doesn't really grant you anything. Almost every HQ choice in the Codex gives a reroll 1.

In the Midfield i see Ultramarines,Raven Guard,Space Wolfs

So what are your thoughts on this?

Which Chapter do you think is the best or worst?

Judged purely based on the Chapter tactics and not any additional Stratagems, special characters etc? I'd go with Raven Guard and Salamanders for the vanilla Codex and Space Wolves for the three special ones.

I was thinking Salamanders and Raven Guard, purely on the basis of being 'easy to use' - they're widely applicable in things you'll almost always be doing:

- getting shot at

- attacking things

But by that same token the BA one is dandy too. You're usually always trying to wound something!

Then it's clearly Ultramarines for having Guilliman and either Blood Angels or SW for having the biggest beatsticks among the Marines (haven't seen enough SW in action to judge that one properly yet) ... also SW having great support for their Longfangs helps a lot as well of course.

Judged purely based on the Chapter tactics and not any additional Stratagems, special characters etc? I'd go with Raven Guard and Salamanders for the vanilla Codex and Space Wolves for the three special ones.

Ahem. Sorry to interrupt. I see you forgot to include the two other marine based chapters :teehee:

As far as special rules go, Deathwatch take the cake for me with essentially a built in LT. buff, special issue ammunition, and mixed squads. Their weaknesses are largely due to overcosted vehicles (a weakness shared by all marines) and the inability to take the best troop option marines have - scouts, but neither of those really reflect on their special rules as much.  

Ahem. Sorry to interrupt. I see you forgot to include the two other marine based chapters :teehee:

As far as special rules go, Deathwatch take the cake for me with essentially a built in LT. buff, special issue ammunition, and mixed squads. Their weaknesses are largely due to overcosted vehicles (a weakness shared by all marines) and the inability to take the best troop option marines have - scouts, but neither of those really reflect on their special rules as much.  

I didn't include GK and DW on purpose since they are a whole different beast. :P

I didn't include GK and DW on purpose since they are a whole different beast. :tongue.:

Sure, if you say so. 

Grey Knights have it worst. 

I'd say Deathwatch, Ultras with Girlyman, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, and parts of Dark Angels are relatively competitive at the top end. Ignoring the two chapters militant of the inquisition, I'd say White Scars probably have the weakest special rules while the top end remains the same. 

Archived