little hope in CA for GK's

newdigitalGK

Now 2 wound GKT costs less than 2 wound of Strikes. In theory, they can be useful. What is better, the same applies to attacks. Strikes are still better at bolter drill. So this is a step towards balance. Fingers crossed, these rumors are true.

While I'm cautiously skeptical about the exact price changes (just last week someone photoshoped 30point Tau crisis suits for rumours), the example of the above difference between strikes and GKTs, *would* be a good step in the direction of actual internal codex balance.

As for the possibility of Strike Squads becoming the new Loyal32....eww, I hope not. Having 90% of Soup armies fielding Grey Knights as their basic troops....conceptually that makes even less sense. To stop Soup exploitation, they should just have it that, only your WL and detachments with his specific army keyword can generate CP, and the use of Stratagems to come from his specific army.

Now 2 wound GKT costs less than 2 wound of Strikes. In theory, they can be useful. What is better, the same applies to attacks. Strikes are still better at bolter drill. So this is a step towards balance. Fingers crossed, these rumors are true.

While I'm cautiously skeptical about the exact price changes (just last week someone photoshoped 30point Tau crisis suits for rumours), the example of the above difference between strikes and GKTs, *would* be a good step in the direction of actual internal codex balance.

Nobody photoshopped 30p T'au Suits. The rumour about Crisis Suits going to be slightly above 30ppm comes from a french youtuber which already has proven to have accurate informations before so it's still valid. The photoshop thing was Ghostkeel, Stealth Suit and Riptide costs, 4+ saviour protocol and Stormsurge with Battlesuit keyword.

But yeah the point remains. Take rumours with a grain of salt as usual.

What I think is actually great news for GK's is they just stated Grey Knights are not getting the Primaris treatment.

To me that means GW has no motivation to sell GK players new models which translates into dealing with the rule sets for models that exist in order to sell models, and keep the existing player base happy.

They did also state at the weekender that GK get a discount nearly codex wide. Personally I"m not huge on point reductions but the reality is it's good to have them acknowledge change is needed there.

What I think is actually great news for GK's is they just stated Grey Knights are not getting the Primaris treatment.

To me that means GW has no motivation to sell GK players new models which translates into dealing with the rule sets for models that exist in order to sell models, and keep the existing player base happy.

They did also state at the weekender that GK get a discount nearly codex wide. Personally I"m not huge on point reductions but the reality is it's good to have them acknowledge change is needed there.

Well GW also stated that they don't want to be changing the rules constantly, even through CA, so that only leaves point reductions.

Nobody photoshopped 30p T'au Suits. The rumour about Crisis Suits going to be slightly above 30ppm comes from a french youtuber which already has proven to have accurate informations before so it's still valid. The photoshop thing was Ghostkeel, Stealth Suit and Riptide costs, 4+ saviour protocol and Stormsurge with Battlesuit keyword. But yeah the point remains. Take rumours with a grain of salt as usual.

I'm pretty sure the exact 30ppm crisis suit is part of the very same PS'ed image. As a player striving for the 8Ed Farsight Bomb I took keen notice.

Anyways, while GK players are very limited for choice in our codex, I'm hoping just by that very fact, GW can better sort out that crucial internal balance when they make GK a priority at some time in their day. Which was clear, they admittedly barely looked at after printing our codex. Something as simple as having 2 Strikes costing more than 1 GKT, is a better GK codex already.

As for the possibility of Strike Squads becoming the new Loyal32....eww, I hope not. Having 90% of Soup armies fielding Grey Knights as their basic troops....conceptually that makes even less sense. To stop Soup exploitation, they should just have it that, only your WL and detachments with his specific army keyword can generate CP, and the use of Stratagems to come from his specific army.

All suggestions like this still have issues with some armies having far more CP than others. They should just tie the CP to the point limit, then reduce it by each detachment. Bam, fixes so many issues, and it's super simple.

Anyone else hear the rumor we're getting FULL smite?

Cause that's bananas if true.

The French livestream mentioned Brotherhood of Psykers is being dramatically altered without saying how it's being altered. So I don't think anyone knows.

BoP is the +1 to Psychic Cast / DtW isn't though? I actually thought that was a good / unique-ish GK rule. I hope they didn't nerf it. It could be that it allows us access to SM Librarius Discipline. 

My personal dream would be to let us bypass Psychic Focus for our own Sanctic Discipline. How's that for dramatic? lol 

The French livestream mentioned Brotherhood of Psykers is being dramatically altered without saying how it's being altered. So I don't think anyone knows.

BoP is the +1 to Psychic Cast / DtW isn't though? I actually thought that was a good / unique-ish GK rule. I hope they didn't nerf it. It could be that it allows us access to SM Librarius Discipline. 

My personal dream would be to let us bypass Psychic Focus for our own Sanctic Discipline. How's that for dramatic? lol 

It limits damage to non-Daemon things to 1 MW. That's the problem.

It's OK, but it would actually be good if we didn't have the rule of one limiting its effect. It's a 10-20% increase in chance of getting off a power, depending on how high you need to roll. I'd argue that a better rule might be being able to re-roll the psychic test instead. Reduces our ability to get double 1/6.

It limits damage to non-Daemon things to 1 MW. That's the problem.

That's Rites of Banishment, not Brotherhood of Psykers.

I'll hold my judgement till I've seen the actually results, but let's just hope there are some significant rule changes as well.

I doubt it, but then again I am in the camp that doesn't think we need it.

Unless regular SM get the same point reductions, we're still going to face the same issues we always have - mainly dealing with tough targets at range and being overly reliant on CC. They can't reduce our ven dread cost unless they reduce everyone elses. Thus, if there are no rules changes, GK won't be able to deal with these problems.

Why do so many people have this viewpoint? Internal balance of a codex should come before overall balance within the game imo. If the GK ven dread is 100 points cheaper than the SM, DA or BA ven dread then so be it, that's what you get for choosing the particular faction.

I don't hold this view, but it's the view held by GW. Evidence: When they nerfed SM stuff, they also nerfed our stuff by the same amount. Hurricane Bolters, Stormravens, Razorbacks, Assault cannons. We got every nerf they did, yet weren't the ones making the problem.

With a proper allies system, they could cost each faction independently, but as it stands, soup would just mean people take the most point efficient unit.

I wish GW would take better advantage of the Keyword system they created to limit nerfs/fixes to the targeted problem units. Instead, we (and all Marine varieties) are all paying the price for the early synergy advantages granted by Guilliman  back in the summer of 2017.

Better use of the Keyword system could allow GW to be surgically specific to factions and even units when making changes -- rather than sending shock waves of unintended consequences throughout the game.

I wish GW would take better advantage of the Keyword system they created to limit nerfs/fixes to the targeted problem units. Instead, we (and all Marine varieties) are all paying the price for the early synergy advantages granted by Guilliman  back in the summer of 2017.

Better use of the Keyword system could allow GW to be surgically specific to factions and even units when making changes -- rather than sending shock waves of unintended consequences throughout the game.

Ha, couldn't agree more.

Same applies to the rules - since we don't have universal rules anymore, why aren't they unique so that they can be balanced per unit? IE, why nerf deepstrike universally, when you can balance each specific model by balancing their special rule. If the rules are always going to be the same, then a universal rule is a far better implementation.

from dakkadakka

I was talking to one of my FLGS employee while picking up the 8th ed GK codex, and he said that from source that he trust and was right on a lot of the Ork stuff that GK are getting about a 20% points drop in CA.  

Archived