Command Squad loadout

BrainFireBob

Hey all. Question: Has anyone tried running a company veteran squad, all plasma/combiplasma, in a unit with Tacs as a "Hellblaster-lite" unit? If so, how did it perform? Trying to find a way to run my Tacs; even if it is just sharing their ride/scoring abiity. Maybe with an apothecary added?

I always think company vets work best when you keep them cheap and plasma is one of the more expensive options. I can see a couple of downsides to the idea of running them as mini-hellblasters:

Firstly a squad of normal hellblasters is only 18 points more for double the number of wounds. Admittedly they can’t share the transport so that may cancel that out for you but there’s a bigger issue in that the vets and the tacs are separate units.

This means target priorities are easier for your opponent. If he needs to remove the scoring element he can just target the tacs, if he needs to remove the threat he can just target the vets.

If you compare that set up with 2 min tac squads with a plasma gun and combi-plasma on the sgt you get a good idea of the comparison. The two tac squads would have 4 plasma guns against the possible 7 from the vets and tac squad set up. However a tac squad is 42 points cheaper than the vets. Plus all the models would be scoring and you would have ablative wounds for the plasma.

Archived