Simple Old Marines as Primaris

Xisor

Anyone done this? Or thoughts on it?

Basically approximating old Marines as Primaris (excuse it as 'Movie Marines', or whatever.)

So all Tactical Squads are "Basic Intercessors", all Jump Packs are Inceptors, all on-foot CC are Reivers, all Terminators/Centurions as Aggressors and all Devastator are Hellblasters.

The simplicity of the Primaris profiles means that, as proxying goes, it's *less* to keep track of than playing them as non-Primaris Marines.

As long as the individual squads are obvious to what they are, the model to model details are almost irrelevant, right?

Anyone had any experience that way?

I’d be happy to play against that, the line of sight thing shouldn’t really be an issue and it’s fairly easy to keep track of.

The only thing I would say is I’d like the person I was playing to play the hellblasters with all the same guns so I don’t have to try and remember which are armed with heavy ones etc.

I’d be happy to play against that, the line of sight thing shouldn’t really be an issue and it’s fairly easy to keep track of.

The only thing I would say is I’d like the person I was playing to play the hellblasters with all the same guns so I don’t have to try and remember which are armed with heavy ones etc.

Ditto.  The real issue can be the logistics of what-is-what for the opponent.  So, if they are cool with it, then rock on and have fun ^_^

It's not generally done because if you have those models then you'd be much more competitive using them as is rather than as Primaris. And that isn't in a game breaking, tournament sense. Primaris without Guilliman just aren't that powerful on the table and die fairly easily for the reduced numbers on the field.

I'm all for cool conversions. Inceptors done as Jet-attack Bikers would be cool for example. However, it's not particularly enjoyable to play against such armies. May as well just use your green army men.

I'd be fine with it for the most part in a non-tournament game. As long as it's clear what everything is. 

Really I think the only big point of possible contention for me would be using assault marines as inceptors. The size difference between those models is greater than any others you have listed. But mostly, i wouldn't care. 

Archived