CA Speculations

Frostglaive

look at this point I would pay almost 60$ for a bloody index from them with just the mechanicus in it. I can think of what really what happened at cyraxus on my own, thank you, just let me play with my glitching thanatar and castellex already!

btw when was cyrax even announced? Does anyone have a date?

look at this point I would pay almost 60$ for a bloody index from them with just the mechanicus in it. I can think of what really what happened at cyraxus on my own, thank you, just let me play with my glitching thanatar and castellex already!

btw when was cyrax even announced? Does anyone have a date?

The problem is since Alan Bligh passed Forge World has just not functioned well. He was the driving force behind much of what was going on there including Fires of Cyraxus and was wearing far too many hats and with him gone a lot has just fallen apart. I wouldn't expect Fires of Cyraxus soon... if ever at this point.

On FB, Forgeworld recently hinted about 30k unit rules being in the works. Probably not in CA, however...

I'm guessing this is referring to the Custodes and Sisters of Silence stuff that was originally going to be out this summer. At least we know they started that, whereas there's been no evidence that 8th edition rules have been started for Mechanicus units, aside from the Secutari, who had rules in 7th, and the termite, which came out in 8th to begin with.

Hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment.

On FB, Forgeworld recently hinted about 30k unit rules being in the works. Probably not in CA, however...

I'm guessing this is referring to the Custodes and Sisters of Silence stuff that was originally going to be out this summer. At least we know they started that, whereas there's been no evidence that 8th edition rules have been started for Mechanicus units, aside from the Secutari, who had rules in 7th, and the termite, which came out in 8th to begin with.

Hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment.

The speed at which they were released means they have to have a chart or something ready to convert units over. Of course play testing takes longer but I would not be surprised if they couldn't push out a factions units every other day.

Kataphrons will probably drop in points.

I think the best any army can hope for is points drops, outside of the SoB previews and maybe a few changes to SM wargear options.  Even then, that stuff could be saved for the upcoming campaign.

Kataphrons will probably drop in points.

I think the best any army can hope for is points drops, outside of the SoB previews and maybe a few changes to SM wargear options.  Even then, that stuff could be saved for the upcoming campaign.

It's possible that a couple of under performing or less 'full featured' armies might get a page with some goodness - much like Knights and some other codex-less forces did last year?

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm sorta keeping my fingers crossed for some expanded relics and strats for Renegades. CA seems like the place to do it.

new rumors on naftka says that admec will get point drops across the board, so I'm excited, but also curious... Since everyone is getting point drops, is no one getting point drops? Will our point drops matter if we're able to bring an extra 5 units if everyone else will be able to take an extra 5 units?

new rumors on naftka says that admec will get point drops across the board, so I'm excited, but also curious... Since everyone is getting point drops, is no one getting point drops? Will our point drops matter if we're able to bring an extra 5 units if everyone else will be able to take an extra 5 units?

I get what your'e saying but from that last WC article, it sounds like they are only adjusting 3-4 units from each codex (and primarily targeting codexes which very much need it/units that see no tournament play currently). Heck theyve even said that some will be going up in points (e.g. cultists). 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/12/03/3rd-dec-chapter-approved-matched-playgw-homepage-post-1/

All I really want and expect is some points drops. Kataphrons, Ruststalkers and Kastelan fists seem obvious candidates. I could also imagine the TP Dominus dropping a bit and probably some other stuff I don’t use.

Agreed, although I think at this point, rusttalkers simply need rewritten (which isnt going to happen in CA). Unless they become drastically cheaper, infiltrators are still going to outmatch them due to being able to deepstrike and shoot, and priests are more reliable causing mortal wounds. Huge shame as they are probably my favourite model in our dex.

Jsut giving them the 'dustcloud' rule dragoons get would go a long way....and lets face it..ninjas should be harder to hit than a giant chicken walker :biggrin.: but yeah, i dont expect any rules changes/additions...just points.

At this point more interested to see the Admech/Knight formations, assuming there's one for each.

Pure knight lists gaining extra CP would be a massive step in the right direction, regardless of any other abilities they get.

To be brutally honest, pure knights will see more play as soon as the Castellan becomes more expensive. As long as people don't see it as an auto-include, it won't feature so heavily, and people will not be in such dire need of CP to make it perform. That opens up for more play with 12 CP pure knight lists, which in my experience is just fine. If they reward pure knights with more CP, I think pure knights will be too good. I had hoped they reined in on the CP battery spam, and to an extend they did with the Big FAQ 2, but not enough. Guardsmen and cultists going up in cost might help a bit, but it might not be enough.

I'd still much rather run 4 questoris and 2 armigers though. It's just more fun than bringing frikking CP batteries plus Castellan.

I think one problem with the coming CA is that we are in need of somethings, like lower points. The good thing is that everything points to that will be the case. But, it also points to that most armies will get lower points. That means we are back in the same position as before as nothing have really change (except that we need to buy more models to feel those points). So i´m wondering if it´s something else we could get to make our army more stronger?

Hmm. I don't think it's true to say that most armies will get noticeable points decreases, in fact, I wouldn't particularly want to look at it on an army by army basis - more a unit by unit one.

With what has been so far confirmed it certainly seems to be the case that the most under-performing forces are getting some help in regard to points, whereas the worst offenders, the auto take units seen in every applicable list (Guard, Cultists, Castellan) are being adjusted upwardly.

This seems pretty correct so far.

It's worth remembering too, that Ad Mech really aren't that bad. They aren't top tier right now, and could use a little love, but they're far from being poor performers too - falling more in the middle of the pack.

Where we're really hearing of sweeping points decreases, tends to be where they're very much needed at the bottom of the meta: Grey Knights, Necrons et al.

All in all, I like what we're hearing about adjustments so far. If it pans out the way it appears, it sounds like pretty sensible choices are being made.

Most Armies will be down in points ONLY FOR (UNDERPERFORMING) UNITS THAT GW  doesn't SEE ON THE TABLES. That means for example, for eldars which is already top tier, that their wraithKnight will go down for at least 100+ points. Making it playable (probably) but competitive, this is another story...

Archived