BA and CA 2.0

Dont-Be-Haten

Its looking more and more like the only way to take the land speeder is with double heavy flamer. Although the Multi-Melta going down in points does seem like a valid option. I love that model and I wish I could make them work better. I *really* wish we could take a talon master style speeder for BA. Oh that thing is awesome!

Any way, @Jole We may have to revisit all of the units of the week at some point!

I dunno about you folks but SG just got more attractive. Power fist and inferno pistol price cuts, as well as the Sanguinary Ancient point reduction. Time to rise and shine, boys.

Provided, of course, you had the foresight to equip your sg with fist and plasma/inferno. But I digress.

I dunno about you folks but SG just got more attractive. Power fist and inferno pistol price cuts, as well as the Sanguinary Ancient point reduction. Time to rise and shine, boys.

Provided, of course, you had the foresight to equip your sg with fist and plasma/inferno. But I digress.

Perhaps they'll address the Encarmine weapons as they're horribly overcosted for what they offer, but likely not. I have a box on hand so PF/IP it is!

Any way, @Jole We may have to revisit all of the units of the week at some point!

That shouldn't be necessary. The focus off these threads was always on how to use unit X, not whether unit X is efficient.

There is a decent chance they will bring out an faq for chapter approved in a few weeks, asking them questions about things like encarmine weapons may result in it being fixed.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

SCNR

GW has been better with those things recently.

No chance. If you have something new to add, just bump the topics :)

Well really that was my point. Something I did think about was asking if you could maybe put up a sticky with links to all the past UotW threads for easier access.

Unless that's already been done and I'm just being mental and over looked it.

• 1 month later...

Having been over a month or so, what would we say are the big winners for us in CA18?

Definitely the Vanguard Veterans imo. But that goes for all Marines.

Second place goes to Redemptor Dreads and Repulsors I'd say.

Having been over a month or so, what would we say are the big winners for us in CA18?

Definitely the Vanguard Veterans imo. But that goes for all Marines.

Second place goes to Redemptor Dreads and Repulsors I'd say.

Honourable mention goes to Lemartes. He was solid at 129 points and is a steal at 100 (assuming you are running DC of course).

• 2 months later...

Having had a bit more time to digest this, I would actually say that the big winners for us in CA18 are.....

Blood Angels! :tongue.:

I all seriousness I think Blood Angels do very well when playing the new CA18 missions and the main reason for this is Objective control. Most of the CA18 missions use continuous scoring which means the ability to get units into objectives is valuable. Whilst our own Troop units are no faster than anyone else's, we do typically have plenty of fast units to drive the enemy off their objectives.

This brings me to the second advantage this gives us. Going for objective control means your opponent will often have to spread his forces out more. This creates openings our units can exploit. A good example of this was in a recent match against Death Guard (often a particularly nasty matchup for us). Because of the continuous scoring, my opponent couldn't use his Pox Walkers to screen effectively as he had to divert them to seize objectives or I would have run away with VPs. Without a screen, my Sanguinary Guard were able charge the festering heart of the Death Guard army on Turn 2 without any hindrance. It was a brutal fight as my opponent diverted all his characters and daemon engines into trying to hold the line. In the end only 2 SG survived but they (and their various buffing characters) tore through everything the Death Guard had.

How have other people been finding the CA18 missions? My LGS now plays these almost exclusively and I find BAs have the tools to do very well at them.

Archived