Mek guns on bases.

Warhead01

I was wondering just what size bases other people are using, if they are doing it at all. I was thinking with the new rules regarding the grots it would be a time saver to just base the Mek guns and grots all on one base together. I am not aware of any rules issues from doing that as the grots are just there to be there. 
Any suggestions? 

I suppose there wouldn't be a problem with the rules, distances would still be calculated from the model and not the base so I don't see an issue. I don't know of the base size needed since I don't have any mek gunz of my own, but I guess since it's not a base rules-wise you could even make a suitably-sized one from plasticard or whatever, doesn't need to be any of the official base sizes.

I suppose there wouldn't be a problem with the rules, distances would still be calculated from the model and not the base so I don't see an issue. I don't know of the base size needed since I don't have any mek gunz of my own, but I guess since it's not a base rules-wise you could even make a suitably-sized one from plasticard or whatever, doesn't need to be any of the official base sizes.

I hadn't been sure about the rules but the grot krew don't even seem to have any stats at all.  Haden't thought about making them from plasticard. Good idea. 

I'm not going to bother painting the gunners going forward. They serve no purpose and I'm already too far back in my project log. Maybe someday, when I have some time, but for now, GW has killed them.

I've thought about basing the guns before. I was thinking 60mm, the dreadnaught base. I think it would have some overhang, but that never bothered me.

Archived