The inevitable Primaris Dante

Jorre

And one of my favorite shorts, Dante fights a chaos chronomancer.

Silly chaos sorcerer *steals* a huge chunk of Dante's time, only for Dante to laugh it off, and take off his mask, to reveal a still pristine face.

And he makes the comment along the lines of what are a few centuries to one who has already lived millenia?

I've not read this one! And I thought i'd read all the BA stuff, can you get a name as I must read it!

Cheers!

Sure thing Blindhamster. Its "Dante, Lord of the Host", by James Swallow, published as part of GW's space marine short stories for Christmas 2013.

And its very much a short story, but its good.

Plot twist, Mephiston was secretly a Primaris experiment

Just no.

Primaris are fine but not everything cool has to have ties to them.

Agreed.

For me mephiston is an excellent example of someone that shouldn't get the upgrade. Because from what we have seen, his physiology has changed with him being similar to a primarch by being full of energy, his is black fiery energy instead or light but the point stands.

Although I suppose a plot twist of the primarch organ that primaris have that only kind of works getting fully activated within mephiston if he were to be given it... would give BA what would effectively amount to a totally new primarch I suppose.

Plot twist, Mephiston was secretly a Primaris experiment

Just no.

Primaris are fine but not everything cool has to have ties to them.

Agreed.

For me mephiston is an excellent example of someone that shouldn't get the upgrade. Because from what we have seen, his physiology has changed with him being similar to a primarch by being full of energy, his is black fiery energy instead or light but the point stands.

Although I suppose a plot twist of the primarch organ that primaris have that only kind of works getting fully activated within mephiston if he were to be given it... would give BA what would effectively amount to a totally new primarch I suppose.

Considering Mephiston is my favourite BA character him becoming what's basically a full fledged Primarch equivalent would be pretty awesome ... though I still expect the Sanguinor to be that kind of character eventually. :D

I still think Mephiston should be upgraded. Even if it's something different.

You want him to eventually be compatible with the Primaris units, vehicles, etc

I can easily imagine a model on par with the new Abaddon.

Edited by Ishagu

• 3 years later...

I have to say, something is off with his pose for me. Same as with Sanguinius really. It's hard to say what type of movement is he in. 
Right leg is bent strangely. Right arm and loin cloth I would imagine in a more defined movement too. Also I feel the mask's expression looks kinda grumpy. Like a theatrical mask. Older one was better IMO. Would rather have something more like on that artwork:

Spoiler

LC_Dante_colour-779x1024.png

EDIT: But I like the armor and Axe Mortalis! :smile:

Edited by Majkhel