Vox Cast: The Repository Thread

Slips

Great interview, with some really insightful stuff (though not as many spoilers as I would have hoped for).

Sounds like the Dark Mechanicum book will be quite a labour of love for him as well.

As for who is writing what, hasn’t it been confirmed that the ‘new’ SG studio (headed by Andy Chambers) is doing everything AoD, Titanicus, Necromundas etc. already?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Listened to that one last night. Was definitely interesting.

I found it interesting and amusing that the same team that worked on AdMech wave 1 was the one that worked on Wave 2 because Jes said so? :lol:

Jes is such a good speaker. Very chill and doesn't talk down to listeners about the design process. Every time I hear him speak about this kind of stuff it reminds me of the artistic effort that goes into a lot of GW design. Very clear that the AdMech was something of his baby, as good as it was that they both he and Darren were shouting out to the wider team.

The banter about John Blanche being (unsurprisingly) keen on the skitarii cavalry was hilarious as well: "John, you're only going to cut them up and stick other heads on them and stuff, you're not having them if you can't treat them with respect".

Jes is such a good speaker. Very chill and doesn't talk down to listeners about the design process. Every time I hear him speak about this kind of stuff it reminds me of the artistic effort that goes into a lot of GW design. Very clear that the AdMech was something of his baby, as good as it was that they both he and Darren were shouting out to the wider team.

The banter about John Blanche being (unsurprisingly) keen on the skitarii cavalry was hilarious as well: "John, you're only going to cut them up and stick other heads on them and stuff, you're not having them if you can't treat them with respect".

I also enjoyed their description of Blanche's Fabricator design sketch and how it would cover an entire game board by itself if they tried to produce a model!