Deathwatch vet size

brother-fabius

Hello,

I hesitate to embark on a deathwatch army.

I really like the sculptures of the veterans of the deathwatch and I also very much like the primaris.

The only thing that makes me a little hesitant is the difference in scale between primaris and veterans.

I know the veterans look a little taller because they are more upright than the old tactical marines.

Only I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to take a photo with DW veterans and intercessors side by side.

I know that we find easily on the internet friezes with different scales but I do not realize too much.

I would prefer a real photo.

I find that on this website :

3481ulf.jpg

Does this really represent the difference in scale?

Thank you !

This isn't the most accurate comparison but as mine seem to be smaller than the pic in your post I thought I'd chime in. 

45377230685_6a0ea26055_c.jpg

The "regular" DW (second to the left) has a small riser under his boots, in between the legs and torso and between the torso and head, and he's not that much bigger than the mystery heroes tactical next to him. The DA marine has more Primaris sized resin legs and that scales much better IMO, they're roughly the size of GK Terminator legs so going forward I plan on using them on my regular Veterans

its not so much height wise in this situation cause yes primaris are bigger, but in most cases, from modeling primaris to be regular marines, they are still very much squatting. Not as bad as regular marines, but they are still bent at the knee holding a gun, meanwhile you have veterans standing upright, so height wise there is only a fraction of difference. the difference I believe is the bulk of the primaris model itself. there body, and legs are way thicker than regular marines, and apparently heads too ( recently did some kitbash and one person noticed that the primaris heads were slightly bigger than a space marine torso. which i then noticed and agree. you would have to get like collared torso to mesh well, or they will have big heads lil bodies, not much difference but you will start to notice. Also in arms, there are bigger and a tad bit longer. you could get away with using regular arms if they were stretched out (which is perfect for deathwatch cause of our load outs. however anything two handed you will definitely notice the arms rubbing heavy or they will have trex arms. Sorry i dont have any comparison pics. and this was rather long. I hope it helps though.

Archived