Greyshield Veterans

Dracos

I'm contemplating how to represent a Veteran Primaris in my DIY Chapter and thought a grey shield somewhere on the model would be a good way to represent a former member of the Unnumbered Sons.

Anyone else given this kind of idea any thought? If so what did you decide on?

I'm still working the concept but with Vigilus coming out I thought it was a timely topic.

I'd just build/paint them as general veterans. Since I'm playing a BA successor that largely follows the BA heraldry that would mean a golden helmet and since it's a homegrown successor I changed a little detail and gave them all small shoulder shields for squad markings instead of having it on the kneepads so I'd paint those gold as well.

As for Indomitus Crusade specific markings ... do we have any official fluff on that? Would be nice to give them a small trinket or something like that.

Many of my Lamenters Primaris have a blood angels red right shoulder pad to pay homage to their primogenitor chapter and to represent them formerly being basically "Blood Angels Greyshields" before being assigned over to the Lamenters. Those who are newer, non-veterans will have a yellow pauldron like normal.

I'm just planning on putting together a squad of Intercessors with a bit of extra veteran bling and maybe some personalized heraldry painted on the knee-pads. Just the company's longest-serving veterans from over the past couple of centuries of war, grouped into the elite of Squad Primus under the company's senior-most sergeant.

Archived