List of ongoing HH sub-plots/character arcs

b1soul

Don't think such list has been done before since there's (to out it mildly) quite a large number of such sub-plots.

Perhaps we could take a crack at listing all those we know? Especially those that would benefit from proper resolutions (in contrast, some sub-plots might have more value if remain unresolved...as mysteries)?

In no particular order and off the top of my head...

1. Roles of Ollanius Pius and other Perpetuals (e.g. Grammaticus, Sureka)

2. Unfinishes business between Loken and Aximand

3. Unfinished business between the Khan and Mortarion (and/or Fulgrim)

4. Roles and fates of Arik Taranis, Ghota, and any other deteriorating Thunder Warriors alive on Terra

5. Fate of Sevatar (though it looks like his fate will be decided after the Traitors lose the Siege)

6. Garro and other Knights Errant, including Severian

7. Unfinished business between Sanguinius and Ka'bandha (or will this be retconned)

8. Unfinishes business between Malcador and Horus (recent addition in Goudling's last council)

9. Vulkan's role on Terra

10. Sigismund's apotheosis as the Angel of Death itself

Only those that might be featured in the Siege series or in general?

- Caliban and the Dark Angels

- Endrid Haar and his band of brothers

- Founding of the Grey Knights (maybe that would count as Knights Errant arc but also has to do with Ianus)

Lorgar's apparent expulsion from the Traitors. Narek and Eldrad post Old Earth. I'm not sure if they have finished off the Cabal or not, but I think Eldrad promised Narek a shot at Lorgar. 

Regarding #7, a recent post by ADB in another thread made it sound like the Ka'Bandha arc has concluded with the second fight in Fear to Tread. Could be I misread that though

So plot threads either to resolve or that could be made use of?

Setting aside a few that (as far as I know) aren't resolved until post-Siege (Caliban, Mars, 13th Great Company), the ones I can think of:

• The Knights-Errant (Garro: Vow of Faith/The Watcher/The Grey Raven/Wolf Mother et. al)
  • Narek (Old Earth)
  • Endryd Haar (Blackshields: The Red Fief)
  • The Dark Angels Russ found (Wolf King)
  • Vulkan and his Draaksward on Terra (Old Earth)
  • Ianus (The Last Son of Prospero)
  • Lemuel/Promeus (The Crimson King)
  • Sevatar (The Long Night/Pharos)
  • The Thunder Warriors (The Outcast Dead)
  • The Perpetuals (main ones being Oll, Alivia and Grammaticus; Perpetual, Old Wounds New Scars)
  • Crius' Iron Hands (Riven/The Keys of Hel)
  • Meric Voyen (Ashes of Fealty)
  • The remains of the Crusader Host
  • Donak (Unspoken)
  • Marius Gage & the Macragge's Honour (Macragge's Honour)
  • Crysos Morturg (Blackshield)
  • The Sisypheum (The Seventh Serpent)
  • Dominion Zephon (The Master of Mankind)
  • The Word Bearers work on Terra (The Purge)
  • Eidolon (The Soul Severed)
  • Skraivok (The Painted Count)
  • Various scores to settle or other characters we know have something significant to do (Sanguinius, Khan vs. Mortarion, Loken, Khârn, Sigismund, etc)

Apologies if there are any of those that -are- resolved in existing post-Siege books that I just don't know about.

Damn, great thread. I haven’t the memory for names that other posters have so the lists have been most enjoyable.

I’m drawn towards the thunder warriors from outcast dead. I would love to see him reappear in some future unification wars novels rather than appear again in the heresy.

I would love to see more of Garro. But again in a separate series, perhaps around the establishment of the inquisition/grey knights. Which when I type it out sounds an awesome series. Get busy ADB!

I can see the perpetuals still having a role and perhaps a conclusion in the final days. Tied into my firm belief that a star child type climax to the heresy is assured.

We definitely need some closure on Loken and Aximand they were there at the start and should be there at the end.

I want the Fate of Sevatar to be short brutal and in complete ignominy. I like the guy but I want a shocking goodnight, no last words.

Re Marius Gage correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't guilliman spend time speaking to his skull in m42?

Yes.

And in the same book this happens, there is a prologue in the book that is set in m31 during the scouring, with Marius and macragges honour having returned from the maelstrom at some point at the end of the heresy or during the scouring.

The entire alpha legion. The book Legion was in my top 5 HH books of the series, it was brilliant. It has felt, to me st least, as if they haven’t really had their story told since. There is being a secretive legion and then there’s being ignored!

A wasted opportunity for a belter of a storyline.

Archived