Assault Plasma Hellblasters in a Furor Team

Mr4Minutes

So I’m building a couple assault weapon based furor teams, with the standard bolt aggressor to advance and shoot. And I’m wondering if anybody has any experience using the assault plasma hellblasters. They look good against t3-5 infantry, and you don’t really need to overcharge unless you’re shooting multi wound models.

They are on the expensive side, which is why I thought I’d ask if anyone has had success throwing one or 2 in a squad.

My list is looking at 2 identical furor squads. 5 intercessor with the auto bolt, 1 bolt aggressor and 1 bolt inceptor. I’m thinking of adding 2 hellblasters.

I just never understood the points given for the different types of hellblasters. The regular one is usually the best, but they also made it clearly the best costed... the assault is worthwhile for an advancing squad, but it should be the same or a point less than the regular one

So not only are they a bit more expensive, but remember in the Furor kill you need at a minimum of an intercessor sergeant and 4 intercessors. Then the last 5 spots can be a mix of inceptors, aggressors, or hellblasters.

You could do the plasma inceptors, to add more plasma.

I just never understood the points given for the different types of hellblasters. The regular one is usually the best, but they also made it clearly the best costed... the assault is worthwhile for an advancing squad, but it should be the same or a point less than the regular one

Agreed.  The points hike on the heavy incinerator is crazy too, given it has less shots :P

Agreed. The points hike on the heavy incinerator is crazy too, given it has less shots :P

I agree to your agreeing. Looks like I’ll need to try them out and see how they play. Thanks for the feedback.

Archived