Hobby New Year's Resolutions / This Year's Successes

Brother Mayhem

As per the title - any hobby wins this year for your self? And any plans for the new year? 

I painted quite a bit of Black Legion and AoS Death, so I've not done too bad - next year I want to get pretty much all of my Black Legion sorted so I can move that to one side! 

I'm hoping to finish my crusade army and then get back to my traitor marines so I can start gaming again. I also want to consciously set some time aside to actually do hobby stuff and immerse in some passion projects rather grabbing five minutes here and there working around real life stuff. 

Resolution?

Completely finish assembling and painting both my dwarf and bretonnian armies.

To completely finish truescaling my black templars and finish painting the entire crusade.

I do not believe in setting reasonable goals.

My goal for this year will be to finish my HH (IW and SoH) and 40k (EC) armies and get them into nice display cabinets before moving onto anything else. By the end of 2019 I want to have the mountain of grey plastic and resin I've collected over the years to be built and painted (This is something I promise to myself every year but you know how it is lol). Let's hope shiney syndrome doesn't hit me too hard this year xD.

Also, I'd actually like to play more games of both HH and 40k in 2019, havent been as active with gaming as I'd have liked to this year.

Well I didn't build any new models before I've painted the ones I have just as I planned to so that's a success I guess ... that I failed to paint more than two characters and 2x5 Intercessors is a whole different topic lol

Oh wow I was gonna post a thread about this earlier. Weird!!

my resolution is going to be assembling and painting the 3rd company of the white Consuls. Got loads of kits with a mix of Primaris and good oldskool marines. Another resolution is not to buy everything that gets released no matter what it is.

Well, I got 14 000 points of Sons of Horus finished in 11 months and finished my first titan, so I'm pretty okay with how it's gone.  

As for my New Years resolution, finish up my 30K Blood Angels (contingent on Malevolence release), work on my scrounged up Luna Wolves orbital drop army, finally get 3K  of Orks off the sprue and onto the table.  Stretch goals is to bring the Sons of Horus to full company status (up from ~270 to ~400) and work out Alpha Legion, Emperors Children, and World Eater allied forces.  

Post Scriptum: Oh, and finally get my Dark Imperium Primaris painted up... not sure what they'll be.  Maybe Ultramarines.  -shrugs-

I’m pretty happy with what I got painted in 2018 (~1500 points of AdMech, an AT Titan maniple and a couple of Armigers) so I’d like to keep up that momentum.

Don’t plan on buying as much and have no interest in starting a chaos army, so should be able to ignore a good amount of the releases in the new year.

But my number one resolution is to get down to my FLGS and finally get playing. Probably 40k, maybe Kill Team but what I really hope I can play is AT. They say they’ve sold a lot but no one’s playing just yet.

So looking back to what I said I'd do for this year this time last December, I feel as if I've done okay!

I've played slightly more consistently, which is good - although perhaps still without the frequency we'd all like... I've got the vast majority (well, probably half) of the key elements painted for my Heresy Orbital Assault list - and the others will hopefully be done in the not too distant future (few more standard Drop Pods and the Dread Pod to go before they get unleashed on the tabletop). I've used my airbrush slightly more too, which has been great - and I'm thrilled with what I've produced with it so far, and very optimistic of what I will do with that in the future.

For the new year, I'm really focusing in on a couple of projects that I'm really excited about (mainly Adeptus Titanicus, but also will look to kick-start my Heresy Sons of Horus too), and keep pushing my airbrush skills as I go. I'd really like to continue to up my skill level in painting generally, so I've provisionally looked at how I'm going to do that with tuition and other bits - and really hope I can keep improving on that too. Here's to a great year of hobby ahead, for all!

What I’ve got done this past year (in no particular order):

1. 3 ETL vows attempted and completed!

2. Successfully converted an Armiger into a Triarch Stalker

3. Played and won at least one non-tournament game

4. Repainted my Terminators and my tabletop persona to look more like veterans

5. Finished one Bannery Boi (FINALLY painted my 2nd company banner)

6. played and won my first game of kill team (Necron deathmark kill team works precisely as expected)

7. Began converting AdMech skitarii into warriors

8. Turned a Stormcast into a Space Marine Librarian

Overall pretty good

What I didn’t get done:

1. I didn’t finish my :cuss ing command tanks like I said I would! I swear, if they aren’t done by ETL next year I’m declaring them as an OOC vow just to incentivize me to finish them.

What I plan to do

1. Finish the aforementioned command tanks

2. Finish my admech—>Necron conversions, and paint them

3. Finish and paint all the Necron stuff from forgebane

4. Paint some hellblasters for my Dawn Blades Forgechained

5. Start building up my Black Guard allied force

6. Paint the not-thunderfire cannon I ordered recently

7. Play more games!

We’ll see how many of these I actually do....

Guest MistaGav

I managed to get a fair chunk of my Custodes, Knights and general SM army done this year which I'm pretty happy about. Next year is all about the tanks and aircraft as I've got 2 land Raiders, 1 Spartan assault tank, 2 Predators, 2 Whirlwinds, 1 Dark Talon, 1 Storm Raven and 1 Fire Raptor which I intend to get all done. After all that I might treat myself to a Xiphon and Fellblade.

My hobby resolutions for 2019 are the following:

- Paint the Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress set

- Complete the Warlords Challenge of my club and paint throughout the year my entire fleet of Kharadron Overlords

- Paint 1500 points of Black Legion

- Participate in the local Vigilus 1 campaign, and hopefully Vigilus 2. 

- Play as much Kill Team as possible.

Said that I have also made a check with my conscience and the many projects which no longer interest me or that I cannot reliably find time to complete will migrate into the Eba... ahem the Webway. 

If all goes well I will be left with only the armies I actively play to paint and work upon. 

I managed to complete my etl vow this year, and the finished product went on to win best vehicle at my local warhammer on the 500th store opening event. For next year i'm going to have to find a way to get some hobby in to my new house, suspect that for a while that this will mainly be a process of organising and arranging bits.

Well later in the year I hope to expand my battle sisters!

I got Blackstone fortress for Xmas so I need to get it painted. It's fairly unusual for me to paint up all the villainous side of a set but fingers crossed I can manage it with this set.

I also have the beginnings of a kharadron fleet so I hope to get an ironclad and make a good display piece.

Definitely no more spending next year - I'd like to work on some older projects that have been gathering dust for a while, namely for Epic 40k and Aeronautica Imperialis, as well as finally opening up my two Betrayal at Calth boxes. The only exception, purchase wise, might be investing in a small kill team for some friendly games, but I'll play that by ear.

Try to get my Imperial Fists back off the ground into a playable state and get some stuff for other games done -- Titanicus is on the list, along with possibly 'munda if I ever decide on a gang, but there are a few outside the B&C's purview that I'd actually like to get armies and such done for. Tentatively planning on going to Adepticon in 2020, and I'd ideally like to have my armies ready by the time of registration in November so I know what I'll be able to actually do.

Last years' resolutions were a total wash.

This year was a pretty great hobby year for me actually! My team got 11th overall at the Adepticon TT, playing a game on Warhammer TV and getting in the showcase for our display.

This years ETL was insane with getting a huge amount done as a personal best for amount completed and getting nominated in the artificer awards.

Then to top it off I was able to snag best painted at the Renegade Open which was a huge long term goal.

Resolutions for next year:

Win best painted or display at one of the Adepticon events

Paint the zone mortalis board

Clear the Space Wolf backlog (stretch goal :P)

My resolution is to add more units to army to bring it up to 6000 points, units to include or to build and paint:

3x 3-man Aggressor squads

1x Sicarian Battle-Tank

2x 10-man Devastator Squad (4x Lascannon, 4x Grav-Cannon & Amp)

1x 10-man Hellblaster Squad

1x 10-man Intercessor Squad

Still another 1 or 2 units to add but don;t know which though.

Archived