Guesses on Black Library 40k Boxing Day release?

caladancid

Community site had up info today on the Boxing Day release of an eBook.

My guess (and hope hope hope) is Chris Wraight's Vaults of Terra: Hollow Mountain. 

Otherwise, could be maybe a Sisters of Battle novel I am not tracking?

Definitely not the Chris Wraight as that will be a July/August release.

Looking at that article it definitely seems to be Imperial Guard book by Justin Hill.

Shame it's e-release only.

Given the disparate outcry re: special edition unaffordability, I'd not be entirely surprised if it was the ebook of "Spear of the Emperor".

If memory serves, both Ahriman: Exile & Legion of the Damned were ebook prerelease a while back.

(I'd be much happier in general if it were a prerelease of a book that's due out January - releasing specific editions many months before the main body is a damn nuisance, and I suspect a mojo-killer with respect to getting the book to "go viral" [i'd heard books are basically made/broken in their first few weeks of sales, so getting a buzz at first debut was key - I don't know if that's ever applied to BL sales though, it certainly doesnt seem to have been pursued by the sales strategists.] I doubt that's an issue for ADB's sales though.)

Cadian Honour would be an ace treat.

Justin Hill's a grand author, and his Cadian stuff (novel+shorts) is very damn readable and gripping.

Thinking about grabbing the book, how is the first one? If it's a series l normally like to start at the beginning.

The first book is wonderful. It’s a real scene setter. It’s quite frantic obviously as it’s set during the mayhem of the invasion. But it manages to do a fantastic job of creating an atmosphere of a doomed planet being completely swamped by the enemy with alarming speed. While at the same time setting up some solid characters for future development. I’m hoping the pace slows somewhat in the second book and we see the survivors solidify into a unit in a much changed imperium. One where the name of Cadia has a completely different ring to it than a few short years before.

I hope this series runs and runs. It has potential to be a new Gaunts Ghosts.

But I’m denied my reading rights for some months yet it seems.

Thinking about grabbing the book, how is the first one? If it's a series l normally like to start at the beginning.

The first book is wonderful. It’s a real scene setter. It’s quite frantic obviously as it’s set during the mayhem of the invasion. But it manages to do a fantastic job of creating an atmosphere of a doomed planet being completely swamped by the enemy with alarming speed. While at the same time setting up some solid characters for future development. I’m hoping the pace slows somewhat in the second book and we see the survivors solidify into a unit in a much changed imperium. One where the name of Cadia has a completely different ring to it than a few short years before.

I hope this series runs and runs. It has potential to be a new Gaunts Ghosts.

But I’m denied my reading rights for some months yet it seems.

Hmm, okay I will give the first book a read. 

Archived