Original Primaris recruitment

I think in the novels some characters say they were born in Pre-heresy era, some Primaris talk about that.

In War of Secrets, the Primaris talks about Legion and not Chapter, 'cause they are from another era. And I think in Dark Imperium Cawl says he recruited some aspirants during the Great Crusade and they were "frozen".

I think it was in Plague War (DI 2), someone said Primaris aspirants were frozen and awaken several times during milleniums.

They are vat-grown, but does that also mean vat-born? As far as I know they all were born normally and only the experimentation for the process to turn them into Primaris was done while being in vats.

They are vat-grown, but does that also mean vat-born? As far as I know they all were born normally and only the experimentation for the process to turn them into Primaris was done while being in vats.

That is my understanding too.

It's not, although it'd be far more likely they've only seen the Primarch, rather than actually met them, unless the Primarch decided to go for a meet-and-greet for all the new applicants that particular day. They're literally running the Great Crusade, they don't exactly have time to go shake the hands of everyone wanting to join their Legion. I could definitely see something along the lines of all the potential aspirants being lined up in formation, with Dorn standing above them on a balcony, as they swear allegiance to their future Legion, or something like that, though.

It's not, although it'd be far more likely they've only seen the Primarch, rather than actually met them, unless the Primarch decided to go for a meet-and-greet for all the new applicants that particular day. They're literally running the Great Crusade, they don't exactly have time to go shake the hands of everyone wanting to join their Legion. I could definitely see something along the lines of all the potential aspirants being lined up in formation, with Dorn standing above them on a balcony, as they swear allegiance to their future Legion, or something like that, though.

The Primarchs was a extreme example but for what I plan I think I am good :)

The impression I had was that the first lot were recruited after the Heresy rather than being clones, flesh golems or anything like that. If that is the case then it is possible one could have seen a Primarch when the aspirant was a child.

I think the key is how secret the project was and did any of the other remaining Primarchs even know about it?

What I would do is have them see a character that survived the Heresy when they were very young and it left an impression on them.

Between Dark Imperium and the SM Codexes I was given the impression , that the Original Primaris recruitment was a multifaceted effort, that collected aspirants from a variety of sources. Some came out of the Terran Guard, while others may have been part of legion recruiting programs that were winding down during the scouring. So its possible to have a Terran Dark Angel, or a Proximal born Salamander...

Archived