Officio Assassinorum - How do you include in an army?

Glute

I don't understand how you include an Officio Assasinorum model in an army.

1. Are they only able to occupy a Vanguard detachment and can't be included any other way?

1.1  If yes do you have to take the minimum of 3 elites for Vanguard detachment or can you take less?  i.e. only take 1 or 2.

1.2  Can you take 2 Vindicare Assassins (I don't see anything that states they are single model only).

1.3  If you take them in a Vanguard you get 0 CP for the detachment (per FAQ)

2. Officio Assassinorum is in the Index: Imperium 2 book plus current FAQ (4/16/2018).  Is the only place?

I'm playing a 2000 pt battle soon and thought I would include a Vindicare and a Culexus but if it is required to have 3 then I would probably take 2 Vindicares and 1 Culexus (if viable).  But if I can't take 2 Vidicare's then I'll add a Callidus.

Thanks

I thought it was FAQd somewhere that you could take 3 in a separate detachment somehow without costing a CP.

Its you can take them in a Vanguard formation (3 -6 elites) without needing a HQ option.  How ever if taken like this then the formation doesnt generate CP.

its in the BIG FAQ 1 (2018)

Index: Imperium 2 Pages 114 and 115 – Vindicare Assassin, Callidus Assassin, Eversor Assassin and Culexus Assassin, Abilities Add the following ability: ‘Execution Force: So long as your Warlord is from the Imperium, you can include this unit in a Vanguard Detachment even if that Detachment contains no HQ units. However, if you do so, that Detachment’s Command Benefits are changed to ‘None’.’

As it stands no because they only share the keyword IMPERIUM which cant be used within a formation anymore (the battle brothers rule...)

edit - basically you need to share a keyword that is NOT imperium or Chaos in order to be in the same formation

does this apply for legion of damned as well?

Could i mix a vanguard team say have one legion of damned squad and a vindicare assassin?

They don't share a viable keyword with Assassins as far as I am aware, so they cannot share a detachment.

Can you take them with other stuff like an inquisitor or is only a detachment of assassins without hq (derp)?

i had asked it before in fluff question. there is no real need to have an inquistor with the assassin. It a nice fluff having an inquistor on the field directing the assassin, but it is not practical.

@Torch. thanks. i just have to keep the two units in different detachment when i play them

• 2 weeks later...

does this apply for legion of damned as well?

Could i mix a vanguard team say have one legion of damned squad and a vindicare assassin?

Legion at least have the Adeptus Astartes keyword, and can take any hq from any of the chapters to fill their battalion.

Assassins really suffer from the 0 CP vanguard, though the recent point drops have helped.

• 1 month later...

Archived