The Tartaros and me?

Silk

Hiho,

I love the Tartaros Terminator Models, their Style the Artwork, almost everything about them.

So now my maybe stupid question for you, I I would wanna play a really large number, or maybe an all Terminators Army/List.

What would you choose for em?

I mean which ruleset, which Legion / SM Chapter or what?

My only handicap to this is, it should be fluffy :)

Or should I tweak them to Codex CSM?

In the past, i think I saw an fully Black Legion Terminator Force with Abbaddon but I am not sure...

If you wanted to do a full Terminator force then you would need some backline elements so you can use the main strength of Terminators which is Deep Strike, a group of Devastators/Scouts or Hellblasters/Intercessors, this will allow you to deal with things the Terminators might struggle, give you CP and give space for you to deep strike them in. My personal take on Terminators is that if you are using them then go hard with them, they arent a great unit but a 10 man unit in your opponent's face will draw fire and be a nice brick with which to beat the opposing army.

As for Chapter Tactics it depends on what you want, Black Templars are a great tactic for them since it gives a lot of reach after deep striking, this is better for Assault Terminators. Ultramarines are good if you bring the shooting variant since they can fire, assault, pull back and fire again and if you are facing a lot infantry then Crimson Fists are great too since you can split your 10 man squads into 5s and then hit on 2s and 3s against bigger squads.

As for non-vanilla marines Deathwing Knights are great assault unit and Chaos has the Slaaneshi plasma bomb and the Death Guard terminators are also very tough to remove.

I play pure DA Deathwing semiregularly, and let me tell you, it is not even remotely competitive. I usually have a few squads of terminators and a couple land raiders, with some dreadnoughts as backfield fire support. Usual plan is to try to remain flexible if I can, company master/Belial will go in a land raiders with choppy terminators if that's the better play, or will drop down with a squad of shoot terminators (full squad to make best use of Deathwing Assault) for rerolls if that makes more sense. The list has 4 CP because screw you fluffy lists, so make sure every strategem counts.

But yes. It can be fun and fluffy but most players can neuter it quickly and effectively. It looks durable but once the land raider(s) go down the whole thing folds.

Fluff wise the Minotaurs chapter use a lot of termies en masse. Unfortunately they're not well supported in terms of rules as they're a Forgeworld creation. The FW index has the special characters with rules but as yet there are no chapter tactics, relics etc. This does mean that you're free to use any you like as you see fit.

Actually I think Minotaurs with Moloc leading them and using either White Scars or Iron Hands Chapter Tactics would be decent.

From a fluff perspective it works because they're known to have an usually large amount of gear that is normally rare like Tartaros Armor.

In game terms, Moloc aesthetically looks awesome, is a beast himself, gives you a Chapter Master Aura without spending 3 CPs, and his re roll charge bubble is perfect for 10-20 Terminators coming from reserves.

Both CT would be useful, White Scars for letting you fall back and re-charge whatever you want, and Iron Hands to help with durability since Tartaros only have a 5+ Invulnerable save.

Archived