tactical terminators 8th question

I do not play competively so i understand the disadvantages of playing tactical terminators.

I know the pros and cons for fielding them, but something is nagging in the back of my head. Hoping the community can help answer this question.

i am wondering in terms of chapter tactic what is the best one to use for them?

i want to field tactical terminators with assault cannons (2x 10 man team) in a game.

Depends on the Terminator unit I guess?

I'd say Black Templars so Assault Terminators have a better chance to actually get into melee after deep striking (still <50% chance tho).

Tactical Terminators with Assault cannons ... well ... Raven Guard for the -1 to-hit or Imperial Fists for the Ignore Cover? Ultramarines for Guilliman would also be worth a thought even tho that's not exactly a chapter tactic lol

Depends on the Terminator unit I guess?

I'd say Black Templars so Assault Terminators have a better chance to actually get into melee after deep striking (still <50% chance tho).

Tactical Terminators with Assault cannons ... well ... Raven Guard for the -1 to-hit or Imperial Fists for the Ignore Cover? Ultramarines for Guilliman would also be worth a thought even tho that's not exactly a chapter tactic lol

Yeah and on that note that why even as Templars you want two deep strike squads or more like 3-4. As I did the math at one point but two squads give you 75% of one getting in. But three squads is like 80%-90%

Also if one of the two charge dice is 4 or more it's better to use the 1CP Stratagem to re-roll the lower one instead of using the Black Templar Chapter Tactic. ^^

Archived